584,800 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > CADKEY 19.01 - HOW TO DISABLE "DIALOG BOXES PROMPTS" ON MOUSE RIGHT-CLICK

Question CADKEY 19.01 - HOW TO DISABLE "DIALOG BOXES PROMPTS" ON MOUSE RIGHT-CLICK

Dear All,

I have CADKEY 19.01, released in 2001 and it works with USB dongle.

It is in Italian but it says smth. similar to "IS THIS THE CORRECT ENTITY" when I try to right-click and delete several entities in row (especially, lines, circles, etc).
    It is very annoying and time-consuming and when it prompts every time when I try to delete several lines.

I am sure to delete those lines and i just want to delete them without any "Dialog Boxes", "Prompt Boxes".

We have a specific work situation so we do not want to upgrade to any newer versions.

Please help!!!

BR,

Naim

Re: CADKEY 19.01 - HOW TO DISABLE "DIALOG BOXES PROMPTS" ON MOUSE RIGHT-CLICK

Quote Originally Posted by nvukaj View Post
    Dear All,

I have CADKEY 19.01, released in 2001 and it works with USB dongle.

It is in Italian but it says smth. similar to "IS THIS THE CORRECT ENTITY" when I try to right-click and delete several entities in row (especially, lines, circles, etc).
    It is very annoying and time-consuming and when it prompts every time when I try to delete several lines.

I am sure to delete those lines and i just want to delete them without any "Dialog Boxes", "Prompt Boxes".

We have a specific work situation so we do not want to upgrade to any newer versions.

Please help!!!

BR,

Naim
    There are no more Cadkey upgrades available, Its now called KeyCreator and is very different, can you do a screen shot of what is happening, normally you select the Eraser at the top of the screen this then gives you some options at the bottom of the screen, which you don't need to use any of them, just select what you want to delete, this will highlight the line Etc and then select the Accept at the bottom of the screen when done select Esc
    Mactec54

Question Re: CADKEY 19.01 - HOW TO DISABLE "DIALOG BOXES PROMPTS" ON MOUSE RIGHT-CLICK

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    There are no more Cadkey upgrades available, Its now called KeyCreator and is very different, can you do a screen shot of what is happening, normally you select the Eraser at the top of the screen this then gives you some options at the bottom of the screen, which you don't need to use any of them, just select what you want to delete, this will highlight the line Etc and then select the Accept at the bottom of the screen when done select Esc
    Dear All,
    Dear mactec54,

Please check the attached screenshots.

The right-click should delete the "entities" - in just one click (without any prompts / dialog boxes - ref. Screenshot 4).
    The PC is now working on Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. (it used to do this operation almost flawlessly on XP Pro).
    Whereas now, sometimes the 1-right-click works when you want to delete a sequence of several entities, and sometimes not.

Thank you in advance

BR,

Naim.

Cadkey 19.01,
    under "tools" on top window menu,
    first selection is "mouse buttons"
    assign right button to "accept" (not delete)
    return to main screen

Select eraser icon, select entities and then "right click mouse to delete" (accept / enter)

The eraser icon only "invokes" the delete routine sequence,
    then select box choices appear,
    then once selected accept/enter actually completes the command.

I use this software daily since released. fantastic software from the old days.
    Surfacing, solids, nurbs or parametric cubic, ultimate surface control.

How do you get it to work on 64bit? i am still doing XP on a fast 32 bit delll
    There are language choices too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Starting again.JPG  
    Been doing this too long

"Right click mouse to delete" is already assigned on "mouse buttons" @ "tools".
    This software is mainly for our Engineer and he is used to it - not will to upgrade as he used this software for over 15 years.
    The "1-right-click delete" sometimes works (especially when you work on an old file or simple file that has originally been designed on XP pro.
    But other times it "prompts" unnecessarily "I this the correct entity?" - in Italian.

Regarding, getting it to work on a more recent OS, I would recommend to try Windows 7 Pro on a new PC (update the OS itself and the install the setup).
    If the setup file fails to execute normally, you EITHER can copy the "CADKEY 19.01" folder from X:\ Drive on the Old PC (XP Pro) and paste on the C:\ Drive of the new PC (Win7 Pro, 64 bit)
    Note: C:\ Drive is the Default but you have to check in what Drive you have installed the software Originally.
    If you Software on the Old PC was Installed on D:\ Drive you have to check the Software file sources / strings via "REGEDIT" on the New PC.
    As several file addresses / strings could be migrated with the old file sources that you already have had on XP Pro.
    i.e. X:\CK19\Ckwin.exe to C:\CK19\Ckwin.exe (location where you have installed the Cadkey on the New PC)

OR extract all the files of the setup using "7-Zip File Manager" and install / paste on C:\ Drive

NOTE: In all cases you should have the Licence USB Flash Drive plugged-in and the drivers installed.
    Suggestion: Go for a higher upgrade, ie. at least version 8.5, or 13.5.

Quote Originally Posted by nvukaj View Post
    Dear All,
    Dear mactec54,

Please check the attached screenshots.

The right-click should delete the "entities" - in just one click (without any prompts / dialog boxes - ref. Screenshot 4).
    The PC is now working on Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. (it used to do this operation almost flawlessly on XP Pro).
    Whereas now, sometimes the 1-right-click works when you want to delete a sequence of several entities, and sometimes not.

Thank you in advance

BR,

Naim.
    Try and drag the box up to the conversation bar you should be able to dock it in the conversation bar, I have the conversation bar at the bottom of the screen you can move these box's around to where ever you want them

To remove delete an item select the item you can use the mouse button if setup or the enter key or the accept button
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Try and drag the box up to the conversation bar you should be able to dock it in the conversation bar, I have the conversation bar at the bottom of the screen you can move these box's around to where ever you want them

To remove delete an item select the item you can use the mouse button if setup or the enter key or the accept button
    Hello Mactec54,

As far as I know that is for "Toolbars" but not for "Prompts" of "Dialog Boxes"...
    Could you send 1 or 2 screenshots if you are able to dock or disable "Is this the Correct Entity" Dialog Box?

BR,

Naim