586,000 active members*
4,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > DNM5700 15K programming documentation and 3D model needed

DNM5700 15K programming documentation and 3D model needed

I requested this through Ellison, and I shot an e-mail to Jamie Ochs August 28th and haven't had any replies except from the local aps guy saying he's trying to put it together. It's been a week, we're trying to front load the mastercam post and sim developer, so that his work isn't done in created down time.

The machine is being delivered tomorrow morning at 8AM. So we've lost the time to get this moving ahead of the delivery, but we're still going to need this before we can do anything with the machine.

I have 2 other machines down for spindle rebuilds, so we need more uptime right now. Things are stressful and solutions would be cool. I know IMTS is right there, but shouldn't this information be in a folder by model so customers get information quickly? Maybe I'm the minority but I don't know the machines I buy, I need the information to figure them out.

One of the things I feel Doosan understands is that customers being functional on machines is part of why those customers can do the work and make the money to buy more Doosan machines. One team one dream guys. I'm rich in boat anchors right now, but tomorrows will be the first Doosan boat anchor until we can get that post created.

Re: DNM5700 15K programming documentation and 3D model needed

So it arrived. It's the sexiest boat anchor I have right now. The machine looks nice.

I got instruction and operation DJVU files, and the operation has the M-code list but the only reference to a G-code list is some talk about it being in the control. It's really strange they didn't put it in the manual. So I'm still lacking a G-code list to send to the post developer.

Gil Flocker from Ellison helped us out and got us the information. There is actually a really nice training manual for the DNM5700 Ellison put together that synopsisizes the information in the appendix of the operators manual to about 32 pages and covers tool life, tool load monitoring, and adaptive feedrate machining. That was the most useful document we have. The G-code list doesn't exist outside the control, so Gil got us a generic one for Doosan mills.

The electrical diagrams were also not present, but Ellison was able to e-mail a copy we printed for the installation technician. The install tech was able to get our chip conveyor to operate with the LNS solenoid controlled air blade for fine chips, so the belt should run really clean on this conveyor.

The air curtain on the spindle bearings is the only annoying quality of the mill. It bleeds all the time when the control is on, because it is not on a solenoid. There are also some little chips called relays that are absent that make it tougher to integrate a coolant washdown with other Doosan parts the customer has on the floor. Ellison was able to help us out on that too. Ellison has really been huge in the solution on this one.