585,568 active members*
3,496 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mk3/4 for SLA 3D printer

Hello

Did enyone use Mk3/4 controller for SLA 3D printer.
    I have DIY FDM printer which runs on Mk3/4 controller. Now I would like to upgrade to SLA version.
    Any idea how to synchronise z axis and video output for display that I would use for exposure.
    Is this possible? I'm not any expert in programing.

Thanks

Re: Mk3/4 for SLA 3D printer

Is the exposure continuous as the film is deposited, or does it happen after some amount of material is deposited?

Are you trying to make a video of the deposition - sort of as each layer deposits?

I guess in theory you could insert g code into the program that provided an output every so often if needed. There are 3 digital outputs on the mk3/4 board.

We are just getting started with the mk3/9 controller, so still new to this.

Hello

This is also my idea. I can generate g-code with some additional commands that control layer slide change and exposure.
    I would use light sensitive resin which will be exposed to light using projector.
    After each layer change I could use output on mk3/4 board to change slide on projector. Exposure is limited with time betwen slide change.
    Every second slide need to be dark due to layer change moves of build plate.
    How to link mk3/4 board with projector is main question. First I have to find projector with remote command support and have perhaps SD card socket (or USB).
    I think it's possible ony my budget is limit.

This is my first idea. There are also diferent technologies regarding exposure (thrue LCD display or with laser beam).
    For me is simplest way with projector. Quality of prints I think will be OK for hobby use.

I will post if there will be any progress

Would it make any sense to use raster the light source using your 3 D capability vs projection?

A laser or focused LED could be held at the correct height and rapidly turned on/ff.