585,758 active members*
4,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Amada Aries 245 Memory Overflow

Is there anyway to get this pos machine to allow me to send larger programs out to the machine? I have the memory, but it seems like there is a cap on how much data I can send out to the machine at one time. I am tired of breaking my programs into multiple operations, and macros don't seem to work. Please help.

Re: Amada Aries 245 Memory Overflow

Quote Originally Posted by aspell9031 View Post
    Is there anyway to get this pos machine to allow me to send larger programs out to the machine? I have the memory, but it seems like there is a cap on how much data I can send out to the machine at one time. I am tired of breaking my programs into multiple operations, and macros don't seem to work. Please help.
    Why not put a cheap PC at the machine and drip feed from the PC?

Quote Originally Posted by AMADAJOE View Post
    Why not put a cheap PC at the machine and drip feed from the PC?
    If you would be so kind, could you explain this to me? It is currently tethered to a pc, are you say I am getting the alarm because of the time it takes to send the data?

Quote Originally Posted by aspell9031 View Post
    If you would be so kind, could you explain this to me? It is currently tethered to a pc, are you say I am getting the alarm because of the time it takes to send the data?
    Google Drip feed. The PC will send your 04PA control blocks of information as it is running. No need to send the entire program. All the program storage is on a local PC.

Been a while since I worked on an Aries. We used to have that problem as well and I would just do subprogram calls rather than macros / multiples programming. Multiples just slows the machine down too much. Was never successful in getting drip feed to work.

Don't remember exactly, but you might be able to eliminate unchanged X or Y position calls with your programming driver. Turn off line numbers. Optimize in a way where the driver can write G2x 6x or 7x calls. .