585,766 active members*
4,320 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hawk 5m wiring harness femal conector (Bloke?)

Hawk 5m wiring harness femal conector (Bloke?)

Had a no so fun experience, x axis started acting funny with irradict movement in certain areas. Wiggled the harness and it went away for a bit. Few months later threw x axis error and couldnt resolve like before. Swapped x and y harness and servo started to rapid cycle back and forth. Turns out had a loose/broken wire in the harness and it took out an encoder wire in the servo/broken green wire servo smells like electrical short. Long story short checked entire x harness and repair everything but connection is still bad with zero movement with a good servo. Swaped harness again with y harness x works fine. Continuity through all of x harness is good servo amp is good. Thinking it is the pins in the 20 29s style female conection. Honda side looked fine. Question is where can I find the baldor specific 16 pin on the harness side? Anyone have a part# or ideas? Id be willing to repin it but cannot get the main power pins out. And do not know where to source new pins. I will be calling hurco and baldor tommorrow to see if they have any info. I despratley need to get back up asap. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandvet03 View Post
    Had a no so fun experience, x axis started acting funny with irradict movement in certain areas. Wiggled the harness and it went away for a bit. Few months later threw x axis error and couldnt resolve like before. Swapped x and y harness and servo started to rapid cycle back and forth. Turns out had a loose/broken wire in the harness and it took out an encoder wire in the servo/broken green wire servo smells like electrical short. Long story short checked entire x harness and repair everything but connection is still bad with zero movement with a good servo. Swaped harness again with y harness x works fine. Continuity through all of x harness is good servo amp is good. Thinking it is the pins in the 20 29s style female conection. Honda side looked fine. Question is where can I find the baldor specific 16 pin on the harness side? Anyone have a part# or ideas? Id be willing to repin it but cannot get the main power pins out. And do not know where to source new pins. I will be calling hurco and baldor tommorrow to see if they have any info. I despratley need to get back up asap. Thanks all.
    Solved,plug is a ms3106e 24-7s.