585,933 active members*
3,949 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Vexta Stepping Motor NEED HELP

Vexta Stepping Motor NEED HELP

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANY THING ABOUT THIS MOTOR,AND CAN I USE MY StepMasterNC SOP-1 1 axis bi-polar stepper motor drives

Vexta Stepping Motor C8384-9212H 2-Phase
    2.5 VOLTS 4.4 AMPS
    SQ7 01598
    ORIENTAL MOTOR CO. JAPAN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3vexta-2.jpg   3vexta-3.jpg   3vexta-5.jpg  

Someone else may correct me, but I really don't see a way for those motors to be a good match for that controller no matter how they are wired. Sorry.

how many wires are on these steppers?

Easy there Stepmaster guy. I know you want to pimp your product and that it cures the sick and all, but my advice that this wasn't going to be a good match had nothing to do with your brand specifically.
    Quite simply, a motor requiring 4.4 amps unipolar will still need over 3 amps run bipolar series, and well over 6 bipolar parallel.

It will work, of course, but if you can explain how any driver delivering only around 60% of the power it needs will give a good match for this motor I'm all ears.

If these are 8 wire unipolar motors they would most likely work fine for most applications. No, you wouldn't get 100% rated torque more likely upwards of 85%. Guess what? For most small appications that is fine. I wouldn't recommend purchasing steppers rated above a drives output, but if they are what is on hand, they may be fine for your application. Most people halve amperage rating when modifying unipolar motors for bipolar use. Effectively the amp per phase will be slightly higher than half the labeled amperage, but it is hard to pinpoint this point when modifying steppers.

keepitsimple they are 4 wire motors

what would be a good driver for them

The Keling KL- 5056 Microstepping Driver is a very good driver.
    or the

Quote Originally Posted by simplicity View Post
    keepitsimple they are 4 wire motors

what would be a good driver for them
    Motion Control Products Ltd
    www.motioncontrolproducts.co.uk

Any bipolar driver with 4.4 amp capability, Keling, Gecko etc.

The stepmasterNC drive will drive them, but if you need the full torque, you will certainly need higher amperage output drive

Quote Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
    The stepmasterNC drive will drive them, but if you need the full torque, you will certainly need higher amperage output drive
    So would a half amp driver, the driver you are talking about would deliver only half the current that this motor needs and has a max voltage of 30V so really you are looking at supplying it 24V max or the bemf can over voltage the driver.
    Running at only 24V and half the rated current would give a terrible performance.
    most likely have the speed and torque than using the msd542 or the kelling driver (At 45V) that that mcp spoke about (Why are mcp advertising a competitors product?)