584,862 active members*
5,442 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > 98 Haas wont boot vector drive fault, MOCON & processor halt lights.

98 Haas wont boot vector drive fault, MOCON & processor halt lights.

I purchased a 98 Haas VF-2 earlier this year and have been slowly cleaning and fixing minor issues getting it ready to run. Machine has been down powered for a while. Yesterday I put the way lube system back together and powered up. I get the normal beep but doesn't boot just says "0303FFFC FFC7". Googled this and found only 1 person with this problem with no solution. Further investigating found vector drive green fault light is on. Output voltage is 338vdc. Also noticed clicking relay I think from vector drive a few seconds after power up. Also found halt lights on MOCON and processor board. Removed all cables from MOCON board with same result. Removed data and address cables from processor and I get the all J's screen that I have been getting every once in a while during power up. Pressing program button during powerup shows 0k bbu ram and no coprocessor. Not sure what that means. Take a look at the screen pics. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: 98 Haas wont boot vector drive fault, MOCON & processor halt lights.

I'm guessing nobody has seen anything like this before?

Quote Originally Posted by dwilley View Post
    I'm guessing nobody has seen anything like this before?

processor is toast.

Removed MOCON and video board to measure battery voltage. Battery was at 3.08 VDC. Was actually hoping battery had just died and board was fine but looking like not. I read on another thread someone fixing a similar issue by replacing capacitor C40 on processor board and caps in power supply. The power supply voltages are good. With all boards installed voltages were 4.98, 12.02, -12.07. With MOCON and video board removed 5.11, -11.69, 11.64. Not sure why 12/-12 were low with boards removed. AC VRMS were a few millivolts so pretty clean. Processor board is a 34-3090A although sticker inside machine says it came with a 32-3090A so I'm guessing the processor has been replaced before? What are the odds the board could be repaired?