584,842 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Material Technology > Material Machining Solutions > I was told cutting PVC was nontoxic.
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: I was told cutting PVC was nontoxic.

I really hope you haven't been running these machines for long. I have more knowledge and understanding about these machines in 6 months then you do in 10 years. Go back to your coloring book and let the adults have a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jst187 View Post
    Confidence and arrogance are two separate things... I have labels and documents, not just pics and screenshots. I err to the side of fact. Hydrogen Chloride... if you think I'm talking about pvc like in that video then you are mistaken. Again, and again, and again... I hope the guys in the shop are watching me school you.. sleep well.
    I would say they would be having fun with your uneducated posting

Schooling I think that is so funny and uneducated on your part, read and try to understand what you are posting OSHA is saying in what you have posted, is the same as what I have been saying about PVC

There are gases that are more Toxic that come from burning PVC and other Plastics than Hydrogen Chloride this should be the least gas for you to worry about, this gas you can smell, most of the other Toxic Gas given off Plastic when Burnt you can't smell and they all will kill you

You did say you where doing this for 4 months did you not, if there was a real problem with what you where doing you would of been dead after the first few minutes of coming in contact with any of the Toxic Gas coming from what you where cutting, the first symptoms of this Toxic Gas present is a splitting head ache followed by liquid in the lungs ( Pulmonary Edema ) if not taken care of right away we know what happens next
    Mactec54

Omg... you're right, I bow to your intellect.

Any ways.. the bronchial tubes pass through the lungs, they divide into smaller air passages called bronchioles. The bronchioles end in tiny balloon-like air sacs called alveoli. Your body has over 300 million alveoli. Once these alveoli are burned or damaged, there is no reversing this. Hydrogen chloride being inhaled comes in contact with the fluids in the body and becomes HYDROCHLORIC ACID. Pulmonary edema nice Google, you're arguing medical with an EMT.

NREMT if we're being honest

Now the concentration of HCl is what I'm concerned about. If the levels are within range of osha approved guidelines then ok all is well. But osha cant tell how much gas is in the air when they stop cutting before they can get there. I have left there many times with headaches and much more.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember to color inside the lines bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jst187 View Post
    Now the concentration of HCl is what I'm concerned about. If the levels are within range of osha approved guidelines then ok all is well. But osha cant tell how much gas is in the air when they stop cutting before they can get there. I have left there many times with headaches and much more.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember to color inside the lines bud.
    You should not of been so concerned about the HCI as I said before there are more toxic gas in the air that is more dangerous to your health when cutting this material than HCI

If you where so smart you would of collected an air sample and had it tested, this would of solved all your problems 5ppm is the normal safe level for HCI and you did not even get close to that by the color of the smoke in your photo
    Mactec54

Page 3 of 3 123