584,842 active members*
4,512 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Programming a MPC6515 controller

Hello.

I've recently purchased a laser engraving machine. The machine uses a Leetro MPC6515 controller (http://leetro.com/english/leetro_we...r&c=mpc6515).

The software they gave to use this machine is a bit old and really buggy. So I'm trying to build my own software to control the laser but I've hit a dead end... right at the beginning.

They have a small manual that supposedly says how to communicate with the controller.
    The controller uses the Modbus RTU protocol.

If anyone cares to take a look at the communication info in the manual, you can find it here http://leetro.com/english/leetro_do...20%20Manual.pdf

What I basically need to know, is what information to send to the controller so that I can at least move the laser to the left.

If anyone can help me I would be grateful.

Marne

Hi All

I have the same problems with MPC6515 controller. The firmware in my strugles has been corrupted and the original Chinglish one ifs no good. Does anybody know where to download the firmware from...Thank in advance

Post Version checker

Quote Originally Posted by Marne;496562
    [FONT=Arial
    I have the same problems with MPC6515 controller. The firmware in my strugles has been corrupted and the original Chinglish one ifs no good. Does anybody know where to download the firmware from...Thank in advance[/font]
    If you are using Lasercut, (what version?) see if you have a file called Mpc05Ver+M05.exe in the same folder.
    If so, run it and check what the versions are of the DLL, firmware, and hardware.

If you get an error that starts: "Communications is broken for timeout..." you will need to switch the laser on and ensure it's connected to the computer in order to get all of the version numbers.

Bob
    Edit: You may also be interested in this post:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DIY_LA...NG/message/585

I've fixed our problem by converting back to the .14 firmware version.

You can get all the firmwares in the lasercut 5.3 pack that you find on the CHINESE version of the leetro website http://leetro.com/leetro_web_page/first.asp

Go to the 4th menu at the top and click the first subcategory, you'll find the page with the downloads.

Hope it helps.

I just removed the MPC and use Link Montion soft

mexico.redsail can you give more details ?
    are you using a redsail laser

Help I reciently purchased a Jcut Laser 6040 and after waiting 35 days for it to arrive from China i set it up and found out that the Mpc03 driver program is corrupt so I cant run the rest of the set up. I went on line to try and download a knew one but all I keep getting sent to is Kinkos and i cant find the mp03 download on their site any other suggestions. Also the programs are for win200 or XP and I am running Vista is this a problem. I keep calling the factory but their Tech is on a business trip. since their is a 12 hour time difference all this has to be down at night.

Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated

Thanks

Leetro problem

Hi
    I've had similar problems and it took months to find a solution.....the leetro cards seem to be a "bit " cranky and after months of searching I found the post below. Its easy to miss but you need to visit the Chinese leetro site http://leetro.com/leetro_web_page/first.asp......yea all is in Chinese but follow the directions. Go to the 4th menu at the top and click the first subcategory, you'll find the page with the downloads.. You need to reinstall the firmware first before hooking your lazer up via USB. Check out the manuals in English for directions on loading drivers as well as getting the software to respond. What Cutting software was supplied with your machine?If LazerCut you need to choose the controler card.

(I've fixed our problem by converting back to the .14 firmware version.

You can get all the firmwares in the lasercut 5.3 pack that you find on the CHINESE version of the leetro website http://leetro.com/leetro_web_page/first.asp

Go to the 4th menu at the top and click the first subcategory, you'll find the page with the downloads.

Hope it helps. )

leetro`s 6515 issues.

i have bought a 6515 leetro controller, and installed it. the wiring is very easy once you understand it...btw its not very clear on the manual....
    i had 2 problems...

my 1st issue was that i had the wrong dll , it didnt mach the firmware version.

so after i found the right dll, i tried to jog the axis, and there was no step/dir signals coming out...realized i needed a firmware update....

so i managed to make a firmware update. i did try all the versions avaible at the chinese version of the leetros site.
    only succeded when installed the version 4.1.3.0.
    ...btw...when trying to upgrade to this firmware, i readed the leetro manual (pdf file, avaible for download) and it says that when powered the board, D1 (diode 1 = led) flashes 2 times, and then you have 5 secs to plug in the flash driver with the firmware on it..tried many times and no success achieved..

then searching the web... i found another version of the manual (.DOC ) , and it says that the diode was the D3.
    success!! .

i hope this would bring help to anyone who needs it.

DLL must compatible

when the DLL is not compatible, the LED screen will show"downloading file, please wait" etc.

So you can click the MPC6515VER.exe to check the version of software and hardware.
    Then tell this information to the supplier. they can find the suitable DLL file for your machine.
    To check the DLL file from Leatro, without version maybe spent long time.
    JENNY at wklaser.com
    www.wklaser.com

hi digital_life

i have the same problems as you,1 what did you do to fix the dll problem; for the firmware i know how to update it just need the 4.1.3.0 version i couldn't found it anywhere

so if you can send me the link to the 4.1.3.0 firmware version or e-mail theme to me please i am desperate and thank you in advance

hicham
    sincerely you rs

Hi there ,

I have version 4130 firmware and dll , how to contact you then ?
    The following is my MSN :[email protected]

Best regards,
    Mary Lee
    XYZ Machinery

Re: Programming a MPC6515 controller

Hello, I´ve just bought the MPC6515 to Gweike Laser (chinese company) but I didn't receive any support from them. Currently I have had many problems with the configurations of the software Lasercut5.3 and the Laser machine. I've had to installed many times the lasercut on my computer because appears the softstop and the pointer laser just runs one point when I press the arrows buttons. Not run forward to the center or to the right or left. To go to the center of the worktable takes like an hour becasue I have to press like a thousand times the buttons.
    The other problem is when I try to cut some 4 mm of wood or 5 mm of soft EVA foam. The machine doesnt cut properly. I dont know which parameters use to get the finished that i want. Engraved and grade engraved is fine, but always I have to cut in the upper right because the machine doesn't run to the center.
    The USB computer are properly connect, I have the dogsoft USD installed avery time, all the connections are OK (I Suppose so)
    I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

hi CARTOGATE....
    I have the same problem I want to build my own software o control the laser the machine uses Leetro MPC6515 controller
    What I basically need to know, is what information to send to the controller so that I can at least move the laser to the left.
    please help my with any information

[QUOTE=dhuha;2126754]hi CARTOGATE....
    I have the same problem I want to build my own software o control the laser the machine uses Leetro MPC6515 controller
    please help my with any information[/QU
    My machine is currently work properly, I reinstall tthe program and you have to be carefull with the level of the machine, Must be at the same level.

hi EXLASer can you send me 4130 firmware file