584,800 active members*
4,392 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Inaccurate 2D Contour cuts

Hello,

I'm having some issue with my new ShopSabre producing inaccurate cuts. It seems everytime I make an interior cut, whether it is a 2D Contour or a 2D Pocket, climb or conventional, every cut is consistent off by about 1/32".

All of my test cuts have been using the same drawing. Any cut with the tool path on the exterior of the line is perfect, anything on the interior are coming up short. I've gone over my settings multiple times and can't find anything that would offset the tool path and my bit diameter is accurate to the physical bit.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
    Tim

Fusion file: https://a360.co/2NPIAap
    Machines is a ShopSabre RC8
    Using ShopSabre with WinCNC control post processor - https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts

Re: Inaccurate 2D Contour cuts

I want to say that some mechanical coupling could be loose but if the error is consistent over time by 1/32", that tells me that it could be configuration with your STEPS PER UNIT (SPU) configuration for both X and Y axis. If this is a Rack & Pinion machine, it's most likely that PINIONS on both axis have equal wear over time, causing the originally configured SPU to be off. You could do 1 of 2 things:

1. Re-calibrate the machine based on new measurements and update the SPU for both X and Y
    2. Identify and purchase new pinions are each axis and leave the SPU setting untouched