585,728 active members*
4,551 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Fanuc O-md Lube Time Alarm!!!!

I have two Hardinge VMC1000II's.
    They were built in sept of 2000 and have the Fanuc OM-D controller.

Here is my problem......

The lube timer always seems to run out when I am drip feeding programs and running "Lights Out", and always runs out right in the middle of a tool change (carousel over to spindle, etc...) Anyways this ends up costing me up to 12hrs of machining time. Is there any way I can turn off the lube timer? Or a way I could reset the timer? I need to solve this problem, there must be a way to shut it off or reset it in the parameters. It seems like it shouldn't alarm out until it finishes the program, not the current tool. I had it running a 8 tool program last night, and when I got there this morning it had alarmed out when tool 2 was done and it was going to get tool 3. If it wouldn't have alarmed out it would be done, now it won't be till tomorrow!!!!

Someone please Help!!!

Thanks

It seems like poor programming by whoever wrote the ladder, normally I would, as you say, monitor the end of cycle start sequence until end of program and then disallow any further program start until the alarm was reset.
    Depending on how it was done, you may have to get the ladder modified, unless you can fool it by other means, Some lube systems will set a timer to run and if the lube pressure is not made withing that time then it will alarm.
    A way to defeat this one may be to put an overide switch across the P.S. while unattended, but this is open to forgetting to open the switch again.
    A study of the ladder may be needed to work something out.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    It seems like poor programming by whoever wrote the ladder, normally I would, as you say, monitor the end of cycle start sequence until end of program and then disallow any further program start until the alarm was reset.
    Depending on how it was done, you may have to get the ladder modified, unless you can fool it by other means, Some lube systems will set a timer to run and if the lube pressure is not made withing that time then it will alarm.
    A way to defeat this one may be to put an overide switch across the P.S. while unattended, but this is open to forgetting to open the switch again.
    A study of the ladder may be needed to work something out.
    Al.
    I want to override the alarm, or disable it. I will keep a maintence log for greasing. How do I disable or override this alarm?

If you have a description of the PMC parameters try to find the timer that controls the lube time. It should be in your diagnostic settings not the parameters. They will start around DGN 300. One DGN will control the timer if you are monitoring it and keeping a maintenance log then put a maximum value in the DGN for the timer and it shouldn't alarm out.
    There could also be a keep relay for the option to totally turn it off but once again you need the machine tool builder's PMC parameters (DGN) descriptions to know which one.

Quote Originally Posted by not an expert View Post
    If you have a description of the PMC parameters try to find the timer that controls the lube time. It should be in your diagnostic settings not the parameters. They will start around DGN 300. One DGN will control the timer if you are monitoring it and keeping a maintenance log then put a maximum value in the DGN for the timer and it shouldn't alarm out.
    There could also be a keep relay for the option to totally turn it off but once again you need the machine tool builder's PMC parameters (DGN) descriptions to know which one.
    I take a look at all my manuals hopefully I can find the pmc parameters, if not I guess I will have to call Hardinge and maybe they could tell me how to turn it off.

Also if I do find out which DGN it is do I need turn on PWE to change it?

Yes turn on PWE, MDI mode. If that doesn't work depress the E-stop (still with PWE on) and it should change for you.

Re: Fanuc O-md Lube Time Alarm!!!!

Fanuc 0-T AL lubricant insufficient
    Ladder (Edit Ladder modify)how to do