I just wired $$$ to G Weike's bank today, to purchase a LG900N glass tube CO2 laser cutter. I will use this thread to post updates of the process, so others can learn/discuss.

Here are the specs:
<ul>
<li>LG900N with motorized up/down Z axis
<li>600mm x 900mm cutting area
<li>Reci W4 100W to 130W CO2 glass tube laser
<li>Both knife blade and honey comb platforms
<li>CW5200 chiller
<li>2" and 4" focus lenses
<li>Red dot laser via beam combiner
<li>Spare reflectors, focus lenses
</ul>

This is my first laser cutter, and it's just for hobby purposes for now, and just cutting (I don't expect to be able to engrave very well).

The shopping / quotes / comparison process was long and time consuming for me (past ~6 weeks); I talked to several "import Chinese Laser and QA and resell with better support/warranty" type US companies, several non-Chinese laser providers, and two (G Weike and Perfect Laser) Chinese direct laser companies. The US based companies seemed like a much safer bet, but the price difference was just too much to stomach, so I picked G Weike, and wired the full $$$ today. Because the wire officially takes 1 week to clear, they ask you to send the receipt of the wire so that they can start the production build right away.

One part of G Weike's quote that confused me a bit was that you do not need to hire your own customs agent, i.e. they already arrange for your laser to clear customs, except for a couple forms and inspection fee and tariff that you have to pay, and to ship to your house. The cryptic "DDU fees by LCL" line includes shipping across ocean to nearby port, and then truck shipping from port to my house.

Now the long waiting begins...