584,842 active members*
4,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Commercial Laser > G.Weike Laser > New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!
Page 1 of 3 123

New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!

I just wired $$$ to G Weike's bank today, to purchase a LG900N glass tube CO2 laser cutter. I will use this thread to post updates of the process, so others can learn/discuss.

Here are the specs:
    <ul>
    <li>LG900N with motorized up/down Z axis
    <li>600mm x 900mm cutting area
    <li>Reci W4 100W to 130W CO2 glass tube laser
    <li>Both knife blade and honey comb platforms
    <li>CW5200 chiller
    <li>2" and 4" focus lenses
    <li>Red dot laser via beam combiner
    <li>Spare reflectors, focus lenses
    </ul>

This is my first laser cutter, and it's just for hobby purposes for now, and just cutting (I don't expect to be able to engrave very well).

The shopping / quotes / comparison process was long and time consuming for me (past ~6 weeks); I talked to several "import Chinese Laser and QA and resell with better support/warranty" type US companies, several non-Chinese laser providers, and two (G Weike and Perfect Laser) Chinese direct laser companies. The US based companies seemed like a much safer bet, but the price difference was just too much to stomach, so I picked G Weike, and wired the full $$$ today. Because the wire officially takes 1 week to clear, they ask you to send the receipt of the wire so that they can start the production build right away.

One part of G Weike's quote that confused me a bit was that you do not need to hire your own customs agent, i.e. they already arrange for your laser to clear customs, except for a couple forms and inspection fee and tariff that you have to pay, and to ship to your house. The cryptic "DDU fees by LCL" line includes shipping across ocean to nearby port, and then truck shipping from port to my house.

Now the long waiting begins...

Re: New G Weike LG900N CO2 Laser purchase thread!

Congratulations on the purchase!
    Researching for 6 weeks before buying from China is actually pretty normal. The machine is made with standard components so calibrating, servicing and repairing would be easy.
    It should be able to engrave well on wood (nothing else probably). You just need to find the maximum stable speed. It is different for every machine. It would depend on the quality of the drive system - motors and mechanical components.

Thank you Storen; I will test engraving!

G Weike confirmed the receipt of the wire was good and started production of the laser. They also asked that I double check my name/address since that will be replicated on so many forms.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemccand View Post
    I just wired $$$ to G Weike's bank today, to purchase a LG900N glass tube CO2 laser cutter. I will use this thread to post updates of the process, so others can learn/discuss.

Here are the specs:
    <ul>
    <li>LG900N with motorized up/down Z axis
    <li>600mm x 900mm cutting area
    <li>Reci W4 100W to 130W CO2 glass tube laser
    <li>Both knife blade and honey comb platforms
    <li>CW5200 chiller
    <li>2" and 4" focus lenses
    <li>Red dot laser via beam combiner
    <li>Spare reflectors, focus lenses
    </ul>
    Have you received your laser yet? How did it go?

Whoops, cancel that. I see you just recently ordered.

Hi everyone -- I just registered and I'm having difficulty figuring out how to post a new thread/question and my issues involve an old g weike 1290 so seeing that you are familiar with the brand, can you tell me who can help/where to post/how to post?? I run a maker space with 200+ members, most of whom use our laser cutter, and its down...again. I need help! Thank you in advance!

Indeed, I'm in the long waiting period now! I'm not sure how long production will take for my laser; I know this week is a holiday in China so that will probably delay it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChimeraLaser View Post
    Hi everyone -- I just registered and I'm having difficulty figuring out how to post a new thread/question and my issues involve an old g weike 1290 so seeing that you are familiar with the brand, can you tell me who can help/where to post/how to post?? I run a maker space with 200+ members, most of whom use our laser cutter, and its down...again. I need help! Thank you in advance!
    Hmm you should see a "+ Post New Thread" in the window here, once you're logged in. Try that?

Sorry your G Weike is acting up ... how often/many problems has it had in the past?

Wow thank you for responding--this site has been giving me tons of issues! There unfortunately is no such icon (I still cannot post a new thread!). My G Weike has had A LOT of use by a lot of people. The issues in the past have all been picnic (problem in chair, not in computer) -- people damaging the machine/using it improperly,but nothing major. The CURRENT issue is kind of baffling. Sudden;y, 5 days ago, the laser cutter began to cut at less than half speed ONLY when cutting curves (in straight lines -- x axis only. y axis only, or straight diagonals, it still cuts at full speed). As soon as the x and y have to work together simultaneously to form a curve it slows WAY down. It even does this during CUT CONTOUR, if the contour has curves, that is. So: driver re-install? Laser Cut 5.3 setting that I've never heard of before? Something else?? Since you are the only human I have been able to get a hold of, would you mind telling me if you know any G Weike reps on this site that I could message directly? Thank you again!!

Hmm you should see a "+ Post New Thread" in the window here, once you're logged in. Try that?

Sorry your G Weike is acting up ... how often/many problems has it had in the past?
    Hey: update: The site finally showed the post new thread icon and i have posted the thread here: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/gener...ml#post2222168

Thank you for your help!

I'm glad you were able to start a new thread @ChimeraLaser; that is a really strange issue. There are G Weike people lurking here so I hope one of them replies. I'm glad your machine gets a lot of usage and seems to mostly hold up.

Update on my G Weike purchase: I emailed them yesterday to get an ETA for when my laser might ship, and they quickly replied that it should take 8 business days to finish.

G Weike reached out today saying laser is almost done and they will ship it soon!

Another update: G Weike reached out last night to say the laser is done, sending 6 pictures including a close-up of the beam combiner for the red dot (I had asked them to verify this was installed, instead of head mounted).

They found a ship to send the laser across the ocean, that either leaves or arrives on 10/26 (I'm trying to confirm which).

There was also a last minute conflict between the motorized platform and the "hopper" -- does anyone know what the hopper is in a laser cutter? With the hopper I would only have 18 mm vertical movement, so they installed a flat platform instead.

I'll attach the pictures; it's quite big, but cool looking

Photos of my laser cutter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181016 1.jpg   20181016 2.jpg   20181016 3.jpg   20181016 4 red dot near tube.jpg  

20181016 5.jpg   20181016 6.jpg  

Thanks for sharing. I am very curious to see the test results after the calibration.

Hi @Storen,

Do you mean test results after calibration after I receive the laser cutter? Or should I ask G Weike to calibrate and run tests and send pictures?

I meant your test results after receiving the machine. GWeike probably has some standard testing procedure although they are not famous for that.

You could ask them to doublecheck the squareness of the x and y axis because depending on the design of the gantry it may be difficult to adjust it yourself. Basically, they have to cut a large rectangular from paper and measure both diagonals. If the measurements match then x and y are perpendicular and you have a good 90-degree angle. If not, they have to be adjusted.
    The other thing you could ask them is to determine the maximum stable speed (it depends on many factors and it is different for every machine) and see if it is enough for your application.

Leveling the work platform, aligning the mirrors and tweaking the software settings is something you could do yourself easy.

Thank you @Storen; I will ask them about testing the squareness. Maybe the maximum stable speed I could test myself, along with all the other fun things you mentioned.

They replied this AM saying that Oct 26 is when the ship will leave from Qingdao, China, and take ~40 days to get to New York City, phew! Apparently there is an app to track where the laser cutter is in the Atlantic Ocean during this journey.

Maybe the maximum stable speed I could test myself
    You definitely can but you won't be able to do much about it. In the factory, they can replace motors or actuators if necessary and suggest the optimum software settings. However, this would be difficult to communicate with the factory without specifying exact requirements. Even then will be difficult as most technicians (called engineers by the sales reps) are not properly trained to deal with such problems. There is a good chance the machine would perform good enough for what you intent to use it. But with the brands in this category, it is always a lottery. You may get lucky one way or the other. That is why I am curious to see how it performs.

OK I see, so this really is something the factory should test in case they need to replace parts. We intend to use it for cutting plywood and acrylic, and it's OK (I think?) if the cutting speed isn't very fast.

G Weike suddenly reached out with confusing customs documents questions:

>
    > 1.need original bl or SURRENDER BL?
    >
    > 2. do you have ISF BOND? if yes,it is SINGLE BOND or Annual Bond/Continuous Bond?
    > if have bond,please fill the ISF POA,ISF sheet Blue shadow part.
    >
    > if not have bond,please fill ISF sheet Blue shadow part is ok,no need fill ISF POA.

This is the first time I've ever imported something So I have no idea what these forms are ... does anyone have any suggestions?

Page 1 of 3 123