584,808 active members*
5,235 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

wiring problem with DMM DYN4

cannot get the drives to move in CNC12. they work fine in the DMM software setup. Was looking today and found three different wiring for the same drive (WHAT GIVES). when i move the X, Y or Z either plus or + the dro moves but not the servos. the locked like there waiting for a command. I wired it to photo number 2.

Re: wiring problem with DMM DYN4

do you use Accorn ?

did you check the benchtest first /

Matt

Yes bench tested them with the DMM software. then installed the Acorn in the cabinet and wired them as per photo number 2. with 24V and 5V. going to try the other diagrams now and see what happens.

if the motors work with the bench test , you can keep it with this mode .

I mean bench test mode in accorn software

I never did bench test with the acorn, did not have the 24v and 5 v transformer. That just came in Saturday.The servos are locked just like there waiting a command. has me stumped. The Acorn board is a rev 3 that I used. I also have a new rev 2 board I can also try. Going to try the different wiring in photo 1 and if that dont work will try the one in photo 3. All three are different wiring

Quote Originally Posted by vipers95 View Post
    cannot get the drives to move in CNC12. they work fine in the DMM software setup. Was looking today and found three different wiring for the same drive (WHAT GIVES). when i move the X, Y or Z either plus or + the dro moves but not the servos. the locked like there waiting for a command. I wired it to photo number 2.
    If your wiring is correctly connected to the servo drive, connect your computer to the servo drive and change from RS232 to Pulse/Dir you must then hit save all button once you make any changes then you should be all running

With your wiring are you using Dyna2 Drives or Dyna4 Drives if you are using Dyna4 Drives then you need to add filters as per Dmm's requirement's I don't see the filters in these schematics, you should only be using main wiring schematics from Dmm
    Mactec54

Yes I have the filters three of them as per the DMM wiring, and three 1 amp fuses. These are all DYN4 drives. I just rewired all drives to number 3 photo. Going now to try it.

And did save pulse and direction when I tested the servos with DMM software. All three of them.

Well that did not work any better. I can use one of there programs any it runs the program perfect but without the servos turning.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers95 View Post
    Well that did not work any better. I can use one of there programs any it runs the program perfect but without the servos turning.
    If you where able to test each servo with there software, then the problem is with between the Breakout Board or software setup
    Mactec54

Maybe it is a bad Acorn board, I doubt but I do have another new one.
    Going to change it out this evening. I can trip the limit switches by hand and CNC12 says limit switch tripped and then limit switch cleared. So that works.

Yes, there may have been several revisions of the schematic. DMM has made improvements to their hardware. With that comes change. Centroid does the same thing.
    I am validating the latest schematic for DYN4 which is in REV 3 schematic set found in the Schematic set about half way down the page:
    Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication.DIY CNC kit

We are trying to help you on the Centroid forum where support questions should be directed. Centroid Community CNC Support Forum - Centroid Community CNC Support Forum
    I can appreciate your frustration. We'll try and point you in the right direction.
    DMM makes a DB25 flying lead cable for Acorn. Although its an additional expense, it sure is making it easier for DMM users to connect to Centroid Acorn.

Marty