585,762 active members*
4,134 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal VMC 40 Way Cover Wiper Part Number

Fadal VMC 40 Way Cover Wiper Part Number

Hi Party People,
    I need way cover wipers for X and Y and mine are so worn out, I don’t even know what they are suppose to look like. Based on the FadalCNC University website, it is a strong possibility that they could be the CVR-0127 wipers. Anybody have an idea of what wipers to use for the 1980s VMC 40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Fadal VMC 40 Way Cover Wiper Part Number

If it was the 80's 2 possibilities

1. Very early machines had no wipers.

2. Or they had a strip of rubber nylon fabric with punched hole mounted under a strip of metal using button head screws.

early 80's definitely did not use CRV-0127 It would be the rubber fabric

Quote Originally Posted by rodney247 View Post
    If it was the 80's 2 possibilities

1. Very early machines had no wipers.

2. Or they had a strip of rubber nylon fabric with punched hole mounted under a strip of metal using button head screws.

early 80's definitely did not use CRV-0127 It would be the rubber fabric
    I have the thin strip of what looks to be almost like nylon impregnated inner tube. I already bought some of the CRV-0127 so I guess I can see if I can modify it to work with my older machine.

I would probably return it if you can. I am pretty sure this is the material the .04 thick https://www.mcmaster.com/fabric Cut it to size using a straight edge and a razor blade. Alot of of parts on the Fadal were purchased originally from mcmastercarr makes it simple and easy to find so if you ever need components for your Fadal go there.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney247 View Post
    I would probably return it if you can. I am pretty sure this is the material the .04 thick https://www.mcmaster.com/fabric Cut it to size using a straight edge and a razor blade. Alot of of parts on the Fadal were purchased originally from mcmastercarr makes it simple and easy to find so if you ever need components for your Fadal go there.
    Well the wiper strips were only $20...I’d cost me more to return them and pay for shipping both ways than it’s worth. I’ll probably give them a shot and if they don’t work well, I’ll just get that nylon fabric. I wish others that have the older Fadal came online and offered their opinion on the old vs new wipers.

Soooooo. I still haven't gotten replacement wipers installed on the machine. I bought a number of things from McMaster and was not able to find a similar material to the strips that I removed from the ways. I bought some regular rubber sheeting that I was just planning cutting strips out of. What do you guys think about that? This is what I bought: here. Gonna cut it and punch some holes in it and hopefully it is tough/firm enough to wipe the way covers.