585,930 active members*
3,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Matsuura MC500V

Hello,
    Are these machines good iron?
    What post processor would I use? Or does it have to be specific to yasanak?
    Thanks

They are good if you are making small parts.

well worth the money, i don t know about the support in the US but here it is second to none , we lost a spindle one time and i was in and out on shift for three days and the service guy was in all three days (never left)
    matsuuras are nice machines probably my most favourable at least of the machines i ve ran ,
    i m sure a fanuc post will work if you don t have the yasnak post , but i do beleave most decent software should have the proper post for that

Matsuura

I have a Matsuura v1000 mill with 30 tool changer, and I love it. It is a 1979 vintage which I bought about 1 year ago. Mine has a Fanuc 6M controller but I have a Yasnac control on my CNC lathe. Either would be good.

Great Machines, Rigid Boxed Ways, Work Horses!!!!!!!!! Yasnac Controls are very close to Fanuc's but have more Options like Bolt Hole Circle Canned Cycles and my Favorite G12/G13 Spiral, Helical, and Polar Interpolations.

The one that really stands out is the MC1000 VS2 with a Yasnac MX2 Control, CAT40 Spindle 30 Tool Pockets and Table X40 by Y20 by Z20.

Good Iron.........YES!!!!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks, that is good to hear.
    I just bought one that is in unknown condition, I got a pretty good price on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyobmf View Post
    Thanks, that is good to hear.
    I just bought one that is in unknown condition, I got a pretty good price on it.
    Unknown Condition???????
    I wish you all the luck with your new machine. Where did you buy this Machine Ebay?????

Try to keep in mind that if the Machine wasn't properly taken care of it won't be worth the Rigging Costs.

Do you know if it even runs????
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I have two of these machines, and they are great machines, 20 years old and I wouldn't trade them for any machine. They rarely break down, and when they do, you can fix them yourself, Methods Machine will walk you through it over the phone. Parts are easy to come by, and they run and run. I bought these machines 4 years ago for 16,000 for both of them, I've only put $500 in parts in one of them, I changed the bearings on y axis. We run them 80 hrs a week and they hold at least .0003". I see these on ebay all the time and I can't wait until I can pick them up for 3-5k, I will buy everyone. I have a 93 600, I've spent 10k on it in the last 2 months, still a good machine just a Little more problems no big deal. I use fanuc post with minor mods I think you could use any generic fanuc post and it will probably work, I just like mine a certain way. Matsuuras are the best you can get, especially older ones they are built solid and easy to repair. If you have any problems with this machine pm me and I can probably help you get it going in a couple of hours. seriously
    Joe

Edit As long as you have a mx control and not the 2000g the 2000g is a pain in the a**

Thanks for the info.
    I am pretty sure it is in good working condition but the guy could not power it up.
    Thanks

could he not power it up because he didn't have power, or would it not power up. I've wired my machines everywhich way but right and the controller still fired up.
    Joe

Does anyone in the Fresno ca. area have a matsurra that I can view I'm a hobbiest and trying to get started in cnc ??Nyle Reed

I'm not in fresno area but if you like you can take a vacation down to tucson and check out my machines, while your here you can even change out a couple of parts for fun. LOL
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joecnc1234 View Post
    I'm not in fresno area but if you like you can take a vacation down to tucson and check out my machines, while your here you can even change out a couple of parts for fun. LOL
    Joe
    That is a nice offer Joe. I wouldn't pass that up if I were in your area. I miss the Matsuura at the old shop. Those Machines are great :rainfro:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Got the mill unloaded, It looks good.
    Some one has retrofited it to a fagor panel and PLC. It looks like they are still functioning but I think the PLC has no program in it.
    Does anyone know where I could find the software to program this?
    Also does anyone know where I could find the wiring diagrams for this machine?
    Thanks

You might find the wiring diagrams here.
    http://www.yaskawa.com/site/Support....ntrollers.html

The Fagor Panel I know nothing about.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Yaskawa website has all the connection diagrams on their site in pdf. As far as plc programming goes I have done it a few years back for a simple pick and place machine no fun at all I would contact the manufacturer of the plc and ask for some help they will give you a manual but thats the easy part figuring out what and where to program could take forever I would suggest contacting a local university with an engineering school and getting a student to program it for you or hire a professional. The amount of time savings to get the machine up will pay for itself quicker than trying to do it yourself.
    Joe

Joe,
    Thanks for the info, I was lucky enough to find a print out of the logic in the panel, I am also a PLC programer by trade so programing the PLC should not be an issue, if the manufacturer will give up the software.
    Thanks

does anyone have a lead on a matsurra 500,also would like a photo. I'm very green but willing to learn{I'm 74 does that give you any visions ] Nyle

Question

Has anyone had experience with the tormach machine ?how difficult are they nto program useing ahome computor?{remeber I'm green Nyle

Nyle,

There is a Tormach Sub-Forum here where you will find a lot of help.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=323

Cheers!!!!
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Page 1 of 2 12