509,813 active members
3,724 visitors online
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.
Page 1 of 2 12
Results 1 to 12 of 17
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23

    ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    recently i bought Chinese ATC spindle, because there is very limited amount of information about it I made a review of it with some explanations and demonstrations.
    I hope it it could help.

    https://youtu.be/pWNeW-lH9RA

    full review of Chinese ATC spindle, unboxing, first impressions, finish quality, vibration test, noise test, installation and results.
    I was looking for a reliable manufacturer of cnc spindles and it looks like i found one.
    I can honestly say that this is possibly the best Chinese spindle on the market, with really good support behind.
    also they provide very high quality tool holders from company in Taiwan: Parfaite PARFAITE TOOL CO., LTD.

    Spindle tool holder which i got is a ISO25 taper and ER20 collet.

    Spindle price was 1450usd.

    spindle manufacturer website: spindle motor, spindles for engraving and grinding, atc spindles, constant power spindles, constant torque spindles, Lathe machine spindles, milling machine spindles, drilling spindles - Jingjiangcity Jianken High-Speed Electricmotor Co.,Ltd
    contact email: jk@jian-ken.com
    ceramic ballbearing manufacturer: CoorsTek | Global Leader in Engineered Technical Ceramics

  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    I follow you on youtube and I have to say that when I watched that video I was impressed with this spindle. So smooth running operation. You 've done a pretty nice job with your cnc machine. Keep up the good work!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10536

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    Quote Originally Posted by fox3d View Post
    recently i bought Chinese ATC spindle, because there is very limited amount of information about it I made a review of it with some explanations and demonstrations.
    I hope it it could help.

    https://youtu.be/pWNeW-lH9RA

    full review of Chinese ATC spindle, unboxing, first impressions, finish quality, vibration test, noise test, installation and results.
    I was looking for a reliable manufacturer of cnc spindles and it looks like i found one.
    I can honestly say that this is possibly the best Chinese spindle on the market, with really good support behind.
    also they provide very high quality tool holders from company in Taiwan: Parfaite PARFAITE TOOL CO., LTD.

    Spindle tool holder which i got is a ISO25 taper and ER20 collet.

    Spindle price was 1450usd.

    spindle manufacturer website: spindle motor, spindles for engraving and grinding, atc spindles, constant power spindles, constant torque spindles, Lathe machine spindles, milling machine spindles, drilling spindles - Jingjiangcity Jianken High-Speed Electricmotor Co.,Ltd
    contact email: jk@jian-ken.com
    ceramic ballbearing manufacturer: CoorsTek | Global Leader in Engineered Technical Ceramics
    By the sound of your original spindle you never had the Parameters set correctly that was why it was so noisy, also could of been that the spindle was of poor quality, some of the better cheap non tool change spindles can run just as quiet as your new Jianken spindle, you can't really compare the 2 spindles, $160 spindle to a $1450 Plus can not be compared

    What you did show was a good test of your new Jianken spindle and how good that manufacturers is to deal with, commutation was a good point as lots of Chinese manufactures are not good at this
    Mactec54

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    23

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    my whole point was to show the difference between commonly used cheep ebay spindle and something decent.
    so people have some reference point. otherwise its just pretty nice and shiny cylinder.
    and vfd settings where exactly same for both spindles.
    if you have proper settings for vfd, please don't hesitate to share.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10536

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    Quote Originally Posted by fox3d View Post
    my whole point was to show the difference between commonly used cheep ebay spindle and something decent.
    so people have some reference point. otherwise its just pretty nice and shiny cylinder.
    and vfd settings where exactly same for both spindles.
    if you have proper settings for vfd, please don't hesitate to share.
    I have many sets of Parameters for these spindles, and have posted them many times, they are just the main basic settings that work for most, but quite often you have to adjust for each spindle mostly for the frequency noise you can hear with the cheap spindle, vibration you can't do much with unless you rebalance the rotor, they are cheap and do a good job for what they are

    Ideal you would not be using the same VFD with your new spindle to get the best out of that spindle you should be using a Vector Drive it will run even smoother and have much better torque control
    Mactec54

  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I have many sets of Parameters for these spindles, and have posted them many times, they are just the main basic settings that work for most, but quite often you have to adjust for each spindle mostly for the frequency noise you can hear with the cheap spindle, vibration you can't do much with unless you rebalance the rotor, they are cheap and do a good job for what they are

    Ideal you would not be using the same VFD with your new spindle to get the best out of that spindle you should be using a Vector Drive it will run even smoother and have much better torque control
    I don't think that he can do anything by changing the parameters. The basic parameters should be the same as the manufacturer of the spindle says on the label/manual. Beyond the values for the rated voltage, current, efficiency and maximum frequency I don't think all the other parameters have to do with the performance of the spindle or make it run smoother.

  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    102

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    That sound is from bearings , not from parameter , u can use 100 parameters , and it will sound same .
    But maybe the mactec can show us his low noise spindle to compare the 2 spindle , but i doubt that u can compare a cheap bearing with a ceramic bearing .

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10536

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreiir View Post
    That sound is from bearings , not from parameter , u can use 100 parameters , and it will sound same .
    But maybe the mactec can show us his low noise spindle to compare the 2 spindle , but i doubt that u can compare a cheap bearing with a ceramic bearing .
    If your Bearings sounded like that you would want to replace them, the ceramic bearing is not making much difference to the sound, it's the way that spindle motor being a much larger diameter and how the windings are done in the motor

    You obvious don't know these spindles even the cheaper spindles can have ceramic bearings and don't cost very much more, most already have C4 or ABEC7 rated Bearings which are quality bearings, so has very little to do with the bearings that makes the difference

    The only reason I only post the basic Parameters setup for these spindles ( which I have hundreds of times ) is the user can have over heating problems by changing other Parameters incorrectly

    Two Parameter that can be used is the skip frequency and uniform frequency area, these would be used where you heard the worst screech and in a RPM range that you don't or can't use so 6,000 RPM is the minimum RPM for most of these spindles so these Parameters can be used for noise control anywhere to eliminate the noisy frequency bands by setting these Parameters

    Other Parameters Carrier Frequency and Voltage Frequency all can be adjusted for noise control, but if you don't know what you are doing then don't go there as you can do more damage than good if you get it wrong, but these are just some of the Parameters that can be used to get a smooth running low noise spindle,

    There are more than one different way to change Parameters to over come the noise you heard in the video which was more than normal
    Mactec54

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10536

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    Quote Originally Posted by gas_liosia View Post
    I don't think that he can do anything by changing the parameters. The basic parameters should be the same as the manufacturer of the spindle says on the label/manual. Beyond the values for the rated voltage, current, efficiency and maximum frequency I don't think all the other parameters have to do with the performance of the spindle or make it run smoother.
    As you obvious do know, a vector drive which his new spindle should have will even run much smoother and have a better performance than the VFD drive he is using

    You are right that the basic Parameters don't change, for a given motor being used, but there are other Parameters that can make a big difference even on a regular VFD Drive
    Mactec54

  10. #10
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    Could you post the exact model number of this spindle?

    I didn't find 2.5kw 24krpm 400hz 220v atc there...

  11. #11
    Community Moderator ger21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    34613

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    I wondered the same thing. Is it a custom made model?
    Gerry

    UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

    Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

    JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10536

    Re: ATC 2.5KW Jianken - Chinese spindle review and close look.

    Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I wondered the same thing. Is it a custom made model?
    They do make them 2.5Kw is a standard for them, they can have a different voltage and 4 pole here is one of there standard models
    Mactec54

Page 1 of 2 12

Similar Threads

  1. Video Review of Chinese CNC Router from Unique CNC
    By dmoore in forum Chinese Machines
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2019, 10:41 AM
  2. Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!
    By lcvette in forum Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines
    Replies: 379
    Last Post: 09-29-2019, 12:11 PM
  3. Ebay Chinese 6040 CNC Router Review
    By smav in forum Chinese Machines
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-03-2018, 04:39 AM
  4. Review – Shenhui SH-350 Laser engraving/cutting machine (Chinese E-bay 300mm X 500mm)
    By Storen in forum General Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-05-2016, 03:41 PM
  5. review of chinese rails and bearing blocks from Econvience
    By ajwaverider in forum Linear and Rotary Motion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 03:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •