585,754 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Fault on El.Ge AZM Drives DIY troubleshooting

Fault on El.Ge AZM Drives DIY troubleshooting

Hello,

my name is Sebastian, and my actual project is a Retrofit of a Metba MB25 CNC with El.Ge. AZM Drives and brushed DC Servos to LinuxCNC.
    I managed to run all three axis, but now the z-axis-driver shows the error Led.(Shortcircuit Power Stage). After I have changed the Darligtontransistors the Problem already exists and the Transistors are blown again.
    Iss there anybody who can help me with advice or any schematic. Because of the high costs of a change of drives and servos I would be pleased to keep the old system running.
    I use this machine only for hobby and do not earn any money with it, so it is difficult for me to invest a lot of money for it.

Thanks for your help in andvance

Sebastian

Re: Fault on El.Ge AZM Drives DIY troubleshooting

Hi Sebastian,
    Does your driver have a simplified schematic printed on it's side?
    I once came across a Sharnoa machine with ElGe drivers. I can send you an image if it might help.

Fernando
    Quote Originally Posted by lecki85 View Post
    Hello,

my name is Sebastian, and my actual project is a Retrofit of a Metba MB25 CNC with El.Ge. AZM Drives and brushed DC Servos to LinuxCNC.
    I managed to run all three axis, but now the z-axis-driver shows the error Led.(Shortcircuit Power Stage). After I have changed the Darligtontransistors the Problem already exists and the Transistors are blown again.
    Iss there anybody who can help me with advice or any schematic. Because of the high costs of a change of drives and servos I would be pleased to keep the old system running.
    I use this machine only for hobby and do not earn any money with it, so it is difficult for me to invest a lot of money for it.

Thanks for your help in andvance

Sebastian