Hello I do not know if this is the correct place for this but I have a lathe with a Centurion 6 control system that has an issue.

A program can be run on the control and execute fine, and the lathe can be run in manual as well.

When running a program however, if the stop button is hit on the centurion control panel, the CW and CCW buttons will not restart the spindle.

The buttons seem to work as far as ohming them out and looking for continuity, I am looking for guidance on what input CW and CCW are on the computer with all of the plugs, or a wire number to trace, or other ideas besides a wiring issue.

People generally stop the machine mid program by hitting the feed stop button and turning the spindle speed down to 0 but these buttons are desirable to actually stop and resume the program.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit:

It is an ML17 lathe.

I took the board off the panel buttons and checked the NC / NO dual contacts on the two buttons and to be safe I swapped out the mist / flood buttons with the CW and CCW buttons, I know the mist and flood functions work.

Its feels to me that something is stopping these buttons from starting the spindle, they light up as they should.

I can turn the spindle speed to 0 and hit the feedstop button or the program halt option on the panel and resume from either case without issue.

I also made sure the stop button was not the issue by swapping it out with one of the two known good buttons as well.