585,676 active members*
4,665 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Phase Perfect

Does anyone use Phase Perfect converter? Just wondering how well they work before we spend the 6000 on one and be disappointed.

I have a dpc-20 running my shop works great. do not miss the rotory phase converter one bit.

I purchased a DPC 20 phase perfect 5 months ago to replace my rotary when i bought a new vmc.

You will not be disapointed!! My rotary is now in the corner collecting dust.

Joe

Are they loud at all? Is there something as far as decibles to compair it to? I will probably be getting the 20 HP and was wondering how loud It may be? If it is, has anyone tried putting it in a room with some sort of sound dampening?

Thanks in advance.

Great

We bought the 30 hp phase perfect. We love this machine. It is so quite you do not even hear it run. The only thing the you hear run is the cooling fan once in a while otherwise it is very quite. A++++++

Thanks for the reply. So, would the 20 be even less noise then? Do you keep it in the shop or out?

Thanks

Jimmy

?

Good question. I do not think that the size would make a difference. We keep the convertor in the same room that the machine that it runs. This room is only 18x12 and it is quite.

Hello guys. New to this site. I have a DPC-20 and I wear earplugs because of the high frequency pitch it makes. Otherwise I love it. I have a 240 delta -208 wye (dry type) transformer after the PP and I have balanced voltage within 1 volt of each other, ground to leg or leg to leg. It's unbelievable.

Hey there!

So is it a loud hi pitch? Can you compair it to something? Its funny one person would say it doesn't have any sound, and the other say that they wear ear plugs?

Also, does the 20 retain voltage under load? I ridgid tap a lot of small holes. Would this be a problem with the phase perfect?

Thanks for all your help

JImmy

Hello,
    I'm new to the site also and recently setup a 10hp 30amp Phase Perfect, and is it nice! Super high quality construction and very stable voltage.The sound could be compared to a big ol' TV that's acting up and putting out a little excessive high frequency whine, but it's quite tolerable, imho.
    Wade
    Lagun250
    w/Delta20

Wade, could you (or someone else) please expand a little on the numbers?
    (a) You setup a 10hp 30A unit and I assume this is 30A measured on the 3phase output side, not 30A on the single phase input side?
    (b) The reason for the above question is that I have 220V single phase coming into my house and a 25A circuit breaker as the main. Anyone have any idea what sort of 3 phase output (in Amps) I might be able to expect with a phase perfect?
    (c) How much did it cost for the 30A unit?

Thanks

Skippy,
    All the info is on their site at phaseperfect.com, check it out.
    I got a Model DPC A10, 30a output, reccomended single phase input circuit breaker, 60a to 70a. I've got it on a 50a and use it with a 7hp spindle machine. Again the performance and quality doesn't come cheap, about $2600
    Not something you would use for a single motor, unless you really love that motor!
    Wade

I bought a DCP-10 to run my Mori Jr. mill, Phase Perfect was a life saver!
    I tried a roto-phase converter first, but it was NOT balanced enough to run the Mori, in fact, it was a very costly mistake because it fried some electronics in the machine. I found the Phase Perfect and was thrilled with it, it was the cure all for a discouraged individual who finally got a cnc and shop set up at home.......ME!