585,712 active members*
4,418 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > I know is stupid but I can not solve it...Text test is mirrored

Question I know is stupid but I can not solve it...Text test is mirrored

Hi guys! Super happy to be part of this new world for me. Got a Stepcraft 2 300 to start and I am try to understand how to run efficiently Mach3. It is an almost new, but second hand, and everything has been set up by Stepcraft, so I guess the settings are correct. Now I was running some tests with a marker as end mill to draw lines and texts. Everything is fine except that I get all the models reverse. It is probably due to some reverse settings in the home and limits but I can not understand what it is. I have the home switches (mechanical) on my top left corner, but Mach3 has the origin on the left bottom corner. I think that is the reason why I get all reverse. Thank you for the help and sorry for the newbie question! (attached the pdf with the pictures showing my case)

Re: I know is stupid but I can not solve it...Text test is mirrored

The models are reversed ...
    On which axis?
    If reversed on the X axis (for example), go in to Ports & Pins and flip the DIR signal for the X axis.
    Where the home switches are does not really matter, as long as you tell Mach3 where they are. Fwiiw, I don't use them.

Cheers
    Roger

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Yes the model is mirrored on the X axis, I will try what you say and report back! Thx

X0 Y0 always has to be the lower left corner, with X+ moving to the right, and Y+ moving up.
    This is the Cartesian coordinate system, and you can't change it.

Reverse y our axis until they are moving in these directions.

If Y home is at the top corner, you can specify a "Home Offset" in Mach3, which will make Y0 at the bottom. This may noty be necessary, though, as it only affects machine coordinates. Since you'll almost always be using work coordinates, you will be stting your 0,0 position wherever you want. What's most important is that the axis are moving in the correct directions.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ok I see. Yes my home position with the mechanical switches is at top left corner. I do not understand why the guy from stepcraft didn't just put teh home switches at bottom left corner and make everything easier :-)

It is easy enough to tell Mach3 where the switches are. So it makes sense to put them wherever they fit best, be it bottom corner, top corner or even the middle of the axis.