584,860 active members*
5,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

More on Memory

Ok Fella's,

Since I am never satisfied with beating the dead horse I have continued digging. I found the following clip out of a file from the CD with manuals inside the machine. Possibly in the future this could be useful for someone with the part numbers it lists.

We notice 3 different part numbers for memory on this list. Without pulling boards out of the machine to verify these part numbers I cannot be sure, but with a flashlight looking up into the bottom of the the main board I can see 3 memory cards. My assumption is everything is stored on the flash ram and on bootup it is copied to the dram and the sram is the operation buffer. If this were to be correct then there is actually 8MB of memory in the machine, just some of that UNallocated.

With more digging...I have found more storage areas within the machine besides MD0: and MD1:. I have located FR0:, FR1:, FR1H:, and FR2H:. Totaling up the free space between all of these areas and adding up the file sizes in each comes to roughly 2.6 MB.

Now I wonder...Is there a bunch of UNallocated memory or is it being used elsewhere in other storage areas that I havn't discovered??? Now to figure out if or how to reallocate the memory.

Next Question, would it let me copy a program into one of the FRx: areas or just cause an error, or worse??? I am afraid to try in fear of crashing.

With more googling I have determined some more part numbers for memory.
    A911-2806 is a 12MB FlashRam
    A911-2804 is a 16MB Dram Card
    A911-2802 is a 4 MB Dram Card
    This applies u10/u100 possibly to 700/7000?

Thanks for looking and I hope it can help someone else,
    Dave in Ohio

Re: More on Memory

hi cg, from what year is your machine ? and what means " btr cards for dnc " ?

I am afraid to try in fear of crashing
    go slow

I have found more storage areas ...
    well, i told you 2 look for those a while ago; now, that you find them, use pselect and test the maximum program size ... it may be possible that the controller wont allow you to pselect from those devices, so, in such a case, you'll no longer worry about program size / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Machine was built in 2001.

BTR = Behind Tape reader

Dave in Ohio

Discovered a new issue today ...

This mill doesn't have B-method or S-method. I get ERROR 308 Option ... I had thought B/S methods were standard on mills, what B/S... I checked manual it indicates B/S methods are optional. BUT I can put a ; after the filename and it pops up a menu to select A B or S. then I get the error.

Such frustration...
    Dave in Ohio