585,741 active members*
5,093 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > having problems getting laptop to communicate with 100w co2 laser from ebay?

having problems getting laptop to communicate with 100w co2 laser from ebay?

hi I've received a co2 laser today, its 100w from ebay (made in china) I am new to this and installed the disc with lasercad but am having trouble getting my laptop to communicate with the laser machine. Any help or advice out there? I couldn't seem to install the CorelDraw that came with it?

Re: having problems getting laptop to communicate with 100w co2 laser from ebay?

It likely didn't come with CorelDraw - what would ahv been bundled is a plugin that integrates the laser functions into an existing installation of CorelDraw.

You say you've installed the software for the laser - does that also include the driver? If not, install the driver that's appropriate to your version of Windows. I'm not familiar with LaserCAD, so I can't really advise how best to get it set up to talk to the laser, I'm afraid.

Re: having problems getting laptop to communicate with 100w co2 laser from ebay?

You will need to install corel first then the plug in on the disk that came with the laser. Laserdraw should work, have you put the key in your laptop? Its like a gold usb, this has to be in a spare usb port on your computer while connected to the laser, or they wont talk to each other.

Is this a laserwork software orlasercut software ?
    usually CorelDraw software is not included

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...level-machine/