585,683 active members*
4,888 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newbie here! Help Chosing My Laser.

Hello people.

Im looking to buy an laser machine wich gives me quality to engrave portraits in black marble and granite. Working area 1500x1200-1300mm And Space for material height from 20 to 100mm.

I see to much chinese machines around but im still not convinced about the engraving quality on marble and granite.

Can someone recomend me an good laser machine for my needs?? Quality of portraits is very important for me.

Many thnx in advance.

Re: Newbie here! Help Chosing My Laser.

What you guys think about aeon machines.

Aeon Nova 14 looks good build.

I know is chinese but it looks very good.

The technology used by the reputable brands is different than the one used in the generic Chinese machines. Hence the price and performance differences. Learn about the differences and you should be able to decide yourself what is best for your needs. The main things are:

- To ensure max. quality the reputable brands design, patent and manufacture many of the components used in the machine themselves - The generic Chinese use off-the-shelf components. To offer lower prices often they use knock-offs (clones) or refurbished parts. The Chinese market is flooded with such parts.

- The reputable brands use RF laser sources - The generic Chinese machines are equipped with DC laser sources.

- The reputable brands use AC/DC Servo drive systems -The generic Chinese machines - Steppers.

- To get the max performance out of the hardware the reputable brands develop their own software - The generic Chinese machines run "universal" software that is supposed to work with many combinations of off-the-shelf components. Of course, this is not ideal.

As far I know Pomelo Laser (Aeon Nova 14) hired a Turkish design consultancy to make a more civilized-looking enclosure for them. All other parts and the software are off-the-shelf. It is a decent Chinese assembling factory but you shouldn't expect miracles. The performance won't be near the top brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Storen View Post
    The technology used by the reputable brands is different than the one used in the generic Chinese machines. Hence the price and performance differences. Learn about the differences and you should be able to decide yourself what is best for your needs. The main things are:

- To ensure max. quality the reputable brands design, patent and manufacture many of the components used in the machine themselves - The generic Chinese use off-the-shelf components. To offer lower prices often they use knock-offs (clones) or refurbished parts. The Chinese market is flooded with such parts.

- The reputable brands use RF laser sources - The generic Chinese machines are equipped with DC laser sources.

- The reputable brands use AC/DC Servo drive systems -The generic Chinese machines - Steppers.

- To get the max performance out of the hardware the reputable brands develop their own software - The generic Chinese machines run "universal" software that is supposed to work with many combinations of off-the-shelf components. Of course, this is not ideal.

As far I know Pomelo Laser (Aeon Nova 14) hired a Turkish design consultancy to make a more civilized-looking enclosure for them. All other parts and the software are off-the-shelf. It is a decent Chinese assembling factory but you shouldn't expect miracles. The performance won't be near the top brands.
    Thank you so much for explaining.

I see lasers. from top companies cost to much.

So im looking for best chinese one to make me work.
    Bodor
    Aeon
    Hsg
    Gweike

Wich one you recomend?

Any other chinese mark with good reputation??

I feel I might not have been clear in my previous post.

Buying the wrong technology would mean selling the machine, losing time and money. This kind of equipment is too expensive for the "trial and error" approach.

First, select the technology appropriate for your line of business. Only then compare brands that offer that specific technology.

My advice is - don't ask for recommendations yet but rather learn about the different technology options. That would require a lot of reading and sample comparing.
    Fortunately, the WEB is full of information and all laser machine manufacturers offer samples.
    Once you learn about the differences, nail the technology requirements and have a bag full of samples, me and many others here would be happy to provide you with our options about the options.
    At this point I feel any advice about brands may actually misdirect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Storen View Post
    I feel I might not have been clear in my previous post.

Buying the wrong technology would mean selling the machine, losing time and money. This kind of equipment is too expensive for the "trial and error" approach.

First, select the technology appropriate for your line of business. Only then compare brands that offer that specific technology.

My advice is - don't ask for recommendations yet but rather learn about the different technology options. That would require a lot of reading and sample comparing.
    Fortunately, the WEB is full of information and all laser machine manufacturers offer samples.
    Once you learn about the differences, nail the technology requirements and have a bag full of samples, me and many others here would be happy to provide you with our options about the options.
    At this point I feel any advice about brands may actually misdirect you.
    my not good english and the reason i want to get the machine fast as possible makes so hard to learn and selfchoice my machine.

i see you have to much knoweledge and will be good if you give me some good recomandations here or privately without bothering you.

in those days i sent an photo to aeon laser to make a sample and another one to mirtels technology wich makes some combi laser machines with diamond needle and co2 40w tube.This is Ukrainian manufractuer. Do you hear anything about them?

P.S Anyone here who used Aeon Laser Nova? Will be good if i read some honest opinions and reviews.

Hey there, sorry for the late reply. We are a distributor for Aeon here in the United States. The NOVA 14 is a great machine and the added speed (1000 mm/sec) is truly a blessing when it comes to engraving large portraits. To get a machine of this caliber from any of the US manufacturers would just be too expensive. We've found that you can yield the same spot size with glass tubes as you can with metal RF tubes. It really comes down to the lens or lenses you use.

Russ Sadler has an excellent series of YouTube videos experimenting with DPI and multiple focal lenses. In the end he concludes that spot size is dictated by the wavelength of the laser and not necessarily the quality of the tube. I've learned a lot from Russ over the years and we even flew him out a few years back to help us make improvements to the Bodor models.

If you have deep pockets, then certainly look at what Epilog, Universal and Trotec have to offer. However if you're like most of us and need to get the best bang for your buck, I can honestly say that there is nothing quite like the Aeon NOVA series, certainly not for the kind of money we're talking.

If you're still interested and want to see a demonstration, give me a call or shoot me an email. We're building a NOVA14 right now for a local customer and I could easily run some photo samples for you.

Danny Martinez
    Engraving Machines Plus, Corp.
    (321) 821-7774
    [email protected]
    Melbourne, FL

(321) 821-7774