584,842 active members*
4,287 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone using Aspire 9.510?

I just installed Aspire 9.510 on my computer, and it seems much more streamlined than before. However. when I try to load a "rounded tool path" the machine shows the placement at lower left of the table (the standard "home" position). My machine (an Automated Precision Equipment 200HD) is set up with the rotary axis off to the right of the rear corner of my machine (in line with the tool holders) but at the extreme rear, parallel to the Y-axis. Before I installed Aspire 9.510 The placement would be correct, but I had not been able to convert the X-axis to the B-axis (as my Wincnc program is set up). When I tried to run a "rounded tool path" program, the machine would jog right half the distance of the blank, and then abort due to "soft-limit-x exceeded." My understanding is that the program should have converted all X-axis values to B-axis values. What have I missed? When I moved the home position to the left, it would jog to center and start to cut, but the B-axis would not rotate so I only got one corner of the stock cut (btw, I had rotated the B-axis, manually with the B-key, 45 degrees so the corner was up)! Two years ago a representative from APE and a tech came and worked with several of our maintenance folk (me included) and we used the rotary axis successfully. However, I had not had access to the machine until recently, and am now the designated operator, so am using YouTube and the manuals to pick my way through!

Any helpful insight would be appreciated!

Steve Weaver

Re: Anyone using Aspire 9.510?

Sounds like you may be using a different post processor?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Anyone using Aspire 9.510?

Okay! As to the location of the work piece on the Wincnc screen, after further study and experimentation I have discovered that I just didn't have things zeroed over the "start" position for the rotary job. The machine was still zeroed at "normal" home. Okay. Got that sorted. Still can't get the B-axis to function (except manually). I checked the "Limit" settings in the "View" menu, and the box shows 4 four columns of four rows of cells. They are labeled, from top to bottom, X, Y, Z, B. In each cell there are numerals or the word "Off." The B-axis row has all cells off. I suspect that I have failed to complete a step in the operation, but after watching numerous video tutorials, I'm still at a loss. The machine will still jog +X and then, if I have turned the B-axis 45 degrees, it will start to make a rastor cut pattern (moving along Y and then over in X, which it shouldn't do on rotary). However, the blank never moves and the result is a flat surface (great for octagons, but not for rounding). The last time I attempted it, the machine jogged way out of bounds and I had to do an E-stop and them a G28 input to get it unstuck! No damage, but frustrating!