584,830 active members*
5,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Re-Chucking on Tornos EvoDeco 20

Re-Chucking on Tornos EvoDeco 20

Hello all,

I am new to CNC Swiss machines and we have a Tornos EvoDeco 20. The TB Deco programming software is not the most user-friendly software that I've used, and we are having a hard time trying to re-chuck during an operation so that we can machine parts longer than 200mm. Can anyone help point me in the right direction for re-chucking information.
    I am also looking for any general resources for TB Deco and Tornos. There does not seem to be a lot of information available on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Re-Chucking on Tornos EvoDeco 20

hello, if i get it right, there is "thing" with your actual programing method and/or machine, that does not allow you to machine such long parts

have you tried to g-code it ?

unfortunately, i can't help you with a nice code example, because i don't have such a machine, but i will give you pseudocode : thus create a simle program, that will do this :
    ... spindle 1 clamp
    ... Z1 advance +50mm
    ... spindle 1 unclamp
    ... Z1 advance -50mm ( going back, like nothing happened )

now loop it this code, should keep on going, until bar gets short once this "basic" thing works, you may add cutting operations over it

if you know the codes for your machine, you should deliver that behaviour in a few minutes ... try talking with your local dealer / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Thanks,
    The Tornos machines have specialized programming software called TB Deco, and it has strange formatting that requires you to insert the g-code in specific areas, or compartments. I think that your process is the way to go, so now I just need to figure out where it goes.
    We have some training on this machine in a couple of weeks, so I should figure it out then. I was just trying to do a long part before they came.

Im trying to remember my brief stint programming Deco20's

I think it went something like
    Park sub in front of main, feed bar out, clamp sub on part, sub remains parked.
    Open main collet
    retract main spindle (i think I used just a G0 Z0 or something like that)
    clamp main collet
    reset coordinate system (I think TBdeco's crappy language used G53 like G53 Z-(amount that was rechucked, but I forget if the Z was + or -.)
    unclamp sub
    move sub out of way
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

TB Deco's language definitely takes a while to get used to. Your method is basically what we ended up with, and now I have a template that I just use for all my long parts.

hello, reading the latest posts, i remembered how i was teached to program the gang lathe : i received a program with dual spindles, part transfer, few operations on both spindles, part-catcher + feeder macro; each phase was written with minimal code, nothing extra, only the basics

i was looking at it like "what is this ?" it took me a few days to "merge" with it, but, after that, i started developing from it, so to create a "template"

TB Deco's language definitely takes a while to get used to.
    i really have no clue about that tb language, but i agree : 2 similar machines from 2 different brands, will move and deliver same part in almost same time, but you need to shift your head between the controllers : each one does things in it's own way ... is not like when switching cars, or beers i have seen controllers requiring a signifiant different amount of keystrokes, fpr doing the same thing

.. and there is another thing : if a controoler is not explained well, one may end up doing things mecanically : for example, to achive this, i have to push this buttons, but i have no clue what exactly i am doing / i have seen this; like a mortal combat fatality keys combination : you press and look at the screen : did someting happened ? if not, then i have to change the tempo, because i am sure that keys where pressed in the correct order ... whatever / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

If needed, i have a sample for a long part program. Never used it but given by a Tornos Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by fokgi View Post
    If needed, i have a sample for a long part program. Never used it but given by a Tornos Tech.
    Hello , please do you have a sample for long part?
    Thank you Martin