585,768 active members*
4,172 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Trying to troubleshoot cheep VFD error
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Trying to troubleshoot cheep VFD error

Quote Originally Posted by NikoTien View Post
    The terminals i have are N L U V W FG +DB- (+DB- for braking resistor).

The VFD type: YL-620-A-2.2Kw, Input AC: IPH0-110V 50/60Hz, Output AC: 110V 23A 4.0KVA.
    So you have L ( Hot ) N ( Neutral ) and Ground connected for the input power supplied to your VFD this would need to be a minimum of a 35amp supply at 120v to run your 2.2Kw spindle
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    So you have L ( Hot ) N ( Neutral ) and Ground connected for the input power supplied to your VFD this would need to be a minimum of a 35amp supply at 120v to run your 2.2Kw spindle
    Yes, it's right.

Do you mean that insufficient current leads to this error(Er-10)?

Yes, it's right.

Do you mean that insufficient current leads to this error(Er-10)?
    No I don't know what that fault is, but you will need a lot of input current to drive the 2.2Kw spindle though,( you need roughly double input amps to what the output would be ) you could of easily damaged the VFD drive though, if you tried to run the spindle with incorrect Parameters set

Have you tried to reset the fault code, if you can't Reset the fault code then contact the manufacture Post how you get on
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No I don't know what that fault is, but you will need a lot of input current to drive the 2.2Kw spindle though,( you need roughly double input amps to what the output would be ) you could of easily damaged the VFD drive though, if you tried to run the spindle with incorrect Parameters set

Have you tried to reset the fault code, if you can't Reset the fault code then contact the manufacture Post how you get on
    Hi mactec54,
    After much thought on how to solve this problem and many rechecks of all parameters, I decided to open the case and look inside, after which I noticed that on the board there is printed a 220V input, although 110V are everywhere on the stickers outside.
    Disappointed, I started to put everything back on.
    what now??? apply 220V or try 110V once more. after energizing 110V, everything began to work as expected.
    Conclusion: is a poor internal connection.

Hi mactec54,
    After much thought on how to solve this problem and many rechecks of all parameters, I decided to open the case and look inside, after which I noticed that on the board there is printed a 220V input, although 110V are everywhere on the stickers outside.
    Disappointed, I started to put everything back on.
    what now??? apply 220V or try 110V once more. after energizing 110V, everything began to work as expected.
    Conclusion: is a poor internal connection.
    It could well have 220v component's inside as they are made for 200v to 240v, but have done these crazy 110v models which should not exist, there is no such thing as a 110v 3 phase, the Chinese will sell anything they can even though they should not be sold in NA

If it was an internal connection then you will need to check it again, as if it is a soldered connection that is faulty it will over heat at that connection and will damage the board
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by F4br1c83D View Post
    I know exactly what your fault is, if it's still of interest to you. I battled with the exact same drive for a month or so. I still get flashbacks to this day!

No amount of settings tweaking is going to solve Er4, I'm afraid. Luckily when I encountered the fault I still had the manual. Er4 is an IPM fault. The IPM or Intelligent Power Module is the part responsible for creating your 3 phase sinusoidal output, I believe it raplaces a bank of mosfets on your more traditional VFD design. It's just one component to replace. The reason I stumbled upon this thread is because I'm in the process of attempting to repair my drive at the moment (with the help of a more competent enginner from work that understands electrickery better than I) and I was looking for the manual. Mostly just so my mate could have a laugh at the apalling chinglish. He's found the component that's at fault and a suitable replacement, but he has his suspicians that it may have failed due to another damaged component (a small transformer) so we'll see how that turns out. If I get her going again I'll be sure to fill you in on what I did.

In the meantime, my best advice is buy a better VFD. I was sold this one on the basis that it was a Hunayang, which it obviously wasn't. If you want to go cheap then one of those should do you. In the end I opted for a Bosch Rexroth EFC and it's been a blinder so far. no problems whatsoever.

F4br1c83D - did you end up fixing your VFD? I've recently had the same error code come up, and I think it was due to a fault with my ground, and potentially a blown resistor on the bottom of the middle PCB. Might PM you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MortarArt View Post
    F4br1c83D - did you end up fixing your VFD? I've recently had the same error code come up, and I think it was due to a fault with my ground, and potentially a blown resistor on the bottom of the middle PCB. Might PM you as well.
    This is a very old thread, what VFD Drive do you have and what are the specs for the drive and the spindle.
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 12