Hey everyone! This is my build thread. There are many like it, but this one is mine!

I've been lurking here for a while now.... watching, reading, learning, waiting.... I worked in a aerospace CNC shop for a few years, many moons ago and I want to get back into CNC machines. I finally started ordering parts for my build earlier this month. Everything is here now and I started fabrication this week on the base.

Parts:
C7 RM1605 ballscrews
SBR20 supported rails
Nema 34 motors / drivers /power supplies
1.5kw water cooled spindle
mach3 windows pc

Plan:
A) I have a plan to run 2 ball screws and 2 drive motors on the Y axis for the gantry since I've read here you can slave the Y and A axis together in mach 3 . (This would be good.)

B) My other option is to run the signal from the breakout board into 2 separate power supplies and drivers for each motor on the y axis and pray the screws are close enough matched that there is no binding. (this seems problematic as I can't calibrate travel for each motor separately)

C) Just use a single screw down the middle and live with it. (i'm not making airplane parts here)

I know my motors are big (1600oz) I had originally went with the Nema 23 425oz but the seller convinced me my machine was too large for them and I needed bigger. I've read a few solutions here to getting decent rapids from Nema 34's, so I'm not too worried here. (ok, i'm a little bit worried,)

Both of my ball screw threads appear to inter lock with each other really nice so I cant imagine they are far off from each other to cause any binding? (I could be wrong here)

Someday, I may add a small 4th and 5th axis, so option B would be more appealing here to me if it worked alright.

I had a lame drawing but it has already changed a lot since I started building the base. I'm using 3" x 2.5" steel I beam (free drops from work) for the base and my gantry will be 1/2" aluminum plate.

I may post some pics as progress moves forward.

I appreciate any help or suggestions you may have as I still have a lot to learn here.

Thanks.