584,814 active members*
5,303 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Board Problem

Having a problem with a board. I have some components that seem to be leaking. This is a driver board for a control board. The control board is not getting any power. This driver board is Fanuc A16B-2100-0070. I believe it powers the control board through a ribbon cable. The control board is supposed to have +24VDC and +15VDC
    Any ideas where to get any documentation for this board?
    Any idea what the leaking components are?

Attachment 404700
    Attachment 404702

Re: Fanuc Board Problem

Leaking components on a circuit board would typically be electrolytic capacitors. For cansiter types, there are typically 3 indented pressure release marks, see if these are bluging outwards or cracked. Otherwise they may have leaked around the wire end mount and the leaks should be visible around their PC board mount point.

This is quite common on lower quaility components but is not uncommon with age. To find the power input, locate the largest electrolytic cap (the bigger black things with -ve symbols) and follow their copper trace from underneath - or you can try using a multimeter with power unplugged and use the resistance or continuity setting but following the trace is better.

It is possible a cap may have gone short and blown a fuse too.

I don't think these are capacitors. I think they are encapsulated current transformers. They show different degrees of damage. The one closest to the bridge rectifier has a split and you can see what looks like windings, but dark black windings.

ericks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghyd View Post
    I don't think these are capacitors. I think they are encapsulated current transformers. They show different degrees of damage. The one closest to the bridge rectifier has a split and you can see what looks like windings, but dark black windings.
    Looks like T8 has overheated and caused the stuff to run down onto the others T's

You could be right. I'll scrape off the residue and see if any others are split like T8

ericks Guest

It would have been nice to see the whole board.....then we might get a better idea of the design

Here is a full board picture. I can make some edits to show where I have taken some measurements and some assumptions.

Attachment 404714
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FanucBoardForCNCzoneMarkUp.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	404716

ericks Guest

Did you look at the back of the board for any damaged track's? That T8 looks damaged for sure and there will most likely be other faulty parts

want a urgent help! ,machine detail-fanuc 6m controller having a DNC software of velox.
    when i send a program through DNC software (velox software) after executing of some program in machine alarm no.001 program comes,but my program is totally right.i have tried to change the stop bit and start bit in program but it not worked!