585,604 active members*
3,371 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > GCC Mercury 3 Synrad Firestar Laser needs to warm up before it cuts properly.

GCC Mercury 3 Synrad Firestar Laser needs to warm up before it cuts properly.

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any advice please. My GCC laser seems to want to warm up before it cuts at the required power. I have to do some test pieces before it will work, and the time it takes for it to cut normally is getting longer and longer, but once it starts cutting properly, it continues to be ok.
    This seems very odd to me as once the tube starts getting old it just degrades in power soothing it may be an electronic issue. The tube is a couple of years old so should be ok. Any advice welcome?

Thanks
    Lee

Some RF metal tubes need warm environment , and some RF metal tubes no needs . For your problems, i think it has two reasons. one is its working time is long , so the gas is not enough ; another is the Synrad Rf tube needs warm environments, what's your tube power ? and how many years you use ?
    and what's your workshop temperature ?

many thanks ,

Mr.Kelvin