585,722 active members*
4,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New 130 W co2 laser makes huge ring with dot in middle

Hello guys, bought a new laser of ebay 130 w but it has a weird problem , as you se in the picture near the tube it makes kind of a big dot all the way to the cutting head it makes a dot in the middle and a big circle. after engraving for say 15 minute the dot disappears and only the circle remains and it gets to around 20mm in diameter at the 3rd mirror.
    if i set it to higher power the laser cuts and the dot stays a dot, if i pulse the laser from the power source it makes a dot, if i pulse it from the control panel it makes the ring and especially at lower powers.
    Anyone had this problem, any solutions or repairs for this. The tube is made in 16.03.2018 so it is new i had it a month now and tried everything i could think of as in:

Alignment of mirrors, clean lens, verified the laser tube it has no cracks i use a cw5200 chiller with glicol in it and distilled water. reset the controller and settings of the machine.

Any ideeas would be apreciated , Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181030_221417.jpg  

Re: New 130 W co2 laser makes huge ring with dot in middle

Bring the platform up and down and try to find a focus point. Also, is the focal lens upside up?

The huge ring comes out of the co2 laser tube not the head that shot is made befor the 3rd mirror, the lens is installed corectly it is my 3rd laser purchase in the shop, mirrors are aligned properly their are clean, laser has 4 weeks it is new

I'd be taking a look at the emitter on the end of the tube itself, to be honest. That kind of halo effect usually comes form either there being some gunk on the lens or a mirror misalignment - you've already ruled everything else out, so that's your next best bet. If you can't see anything on the emitter itself, then you may need to get the tube replaced - if it's only a month old you should be able to argue your case with the supplier.

Hello everyone, so, i tried to fix the problem that i have with this laser, but no success, also with the vendor from ebay, sent videos and test runs they stopped replying as ebay does not back you up in case of any problems so the warranty on ebay sucks also terms of helping you out in case of a problem.

Now after a lot of moths of trying different stuff, from alignment to changing mirrors and lenses , jogging with parameters in vendor setting and also replacing water in the tube in different combinations, still no luck.

What is weird is the flowing :
    When it cuts long models (laser is open for long periods of time) the power is there it makes no ring shaped output from the tube, it is a dot , and the cut is beautiful and clean.
    When it engraves or i have to cut a lot of holes (The laser fires and stops in short intervals of time) that is when the ring starts to appear and eventually power loss.

So my dilemma is now if its the tube itself or the power source?

If it wold bean the tube i think the power loss would be there every time not only on engraving or multiple hole cutting. I am going for the power source as i think it is not supplying enough power in short interval of time?

What do you guys suggest i should change Power source or laser tube?

Thank you

According to my experience the problem is that probably the power of the source that you have installed does not correspond with the power of the laser tube. Could you check that?

Best regards

I am an experienced laser technician.
    User of laser cutting machine Buchicnc EVO 14.
    User of laser recorder EVO 5.
    CNC router user, with 3 x 2 m table Auto Tool Changer
    I usually design my own laser files designs for laser cutter & laser engraver with CorelDraw, Laser Cut 5.3, RDWorks V8.
    Laser cutters & CNC Routers BuchiCNC USA
    CNC Router ATC
    EVO 14

Quote Originally Posted by germanr View Post
    According to my experience the problem is that probably the power of the source that you have installed does not correspond with the power of the laser tube. Could you check that?

Best regards

I am an experienced laser technician.
    User of laser cutting machine Buchicnc EVO 14.
    User of laser recorder EVO 5.
    CNC router user, with 3 x 2 m table Auto Tool Changer
    I usually design my own laser files designs for laser cutter & laser engraver with CorelDraw, Laser Cut 5.3, RDWorks V8.
    Laser cutters & CNC Routers BuchiCNC USA
    CNC Router ATC
    EVO 14
    I will check the power source, the tube is 130w with a peak of 150w. I am also going for the power source as well.

Hello everyone, i changed the power source with a new one, same thing happens , huge ring when engraving or multiple hole cutiing