584,860 active members*
5,162 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mori SL-00 Parameters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A quick hello to the community out there, have just joined prompted by the urgent requirement for parameters !

I purchased a 1992 Mori Seiki SL-00 lathe 2 yrs ago and never switched it on. I now have a requirement for the machine and after powering it up discovered it has lost all of its parameters. Although I do have the electrical manual with the machine serial number specific parameters, they seem to be problematic. I have input them manually, but the turret will not function and the control panel is behaving oddly.

Does anybody have a similar SL-00 ? I would be very grateful to receive your parameter files ! Either to transmit them into my machine or to compare them with what I have.

Please get in touch if you can help at all !

Many thanks

ps. if i push the foot pedal which should open and close the chuck, the turret starts playing up and the chuck does nothing... if I push the coolant on/off buttons, the chuck opens and closes ! Though I would add this should anybody have had a similar problem and recognise it accordingly !

welcome to the wonderful world of "your machine is a toaster"

contact your local mori distributor for the master list. every machine is different. japan has most of them on record, though.

Thanks the_thrill..... I have been in touch with Mori and am told it can take many weeks to receive the parameters IF they have them on record. To further complicate matters, as the machine is no longer in the USA, Mori will not support it until a reregistration of taken place... have requested the paperwork but am still waiting.

However... single_phase has an identical machine and is helping me with the parameters so looks like I will get it up and running long before Mori wakes up in Japan !

And my toaster is more useful at the moment than my Mori which is a sad state of affairs !

Parameters

I have a set of SL0 parameters at home I could emial you. Back from my Mori days.

Need control type and ser # to see if they are close enough.

Parameters Reply

Thanks...I have managed to get the parameters and have got the machine up and functioning, only to discover the X axis ball screw is...well screwed !

Trying to find a replacement now..but not an easy task it seems !

Many thanks for your offer to help with parameters though ! Much appreciated.

Re: Mori SL-00 Parameters

Hey. help me find the wiring diagram for this SL-00 machine