Hi all,
I've had my Leadwell MCV-550 with Meldas M0 for about 3 years. I have done very little to program and run it, honestly, I have just been using it manually with the mpg and jog buttons to do simple stuff, like squaring flat bar/surfacing plates, and drilling.

Recently, since it's getting to be dark and miserable, I've decided that I need to utilize this machine to its fullest potential. I know very little G-code, but have been reading when I can, and am learning slowly. My learning has been hampered lately, as I have been hand programming simple things and getting an alarm, but only on the X axis.

Here's an example of some actions I put in:

g28 g91 g0 y0 z0;
m6 t13;
m3 s1000 ;( Spindle speed ends up being 500?)
m8;
g0 z-9.0; (If I type in z-9, It goes to -.0009)

g1 z-10.0 y-8.5 f18.5;

Now, When I do that, everything does it's job, Y and Z go home, tools change, coolant squirts, rapid down, etc. But when I put:
g28 g91 g0 x0 y0 x0 , I get an alarm- "NC alarm 11, ZP RTN DIR ERR" I also get alarm 609, which is essentially the same thing, (sorry, I left my manual at the shop) only it comes up when I put the X into a G1 command.

So...my new thinking is that, if it works for Y and Z, it should work for X. If it doesnt, which it isn't, then it must be...???

I'm loving the little progress I've been making once I decided to buckle down and learn this stuff, but I think I have already outgrown the Y Z and I'm ready to add an X to the equation. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!