585,722 active members*
4,366 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Tree-Siemens Acramatic controller question

Tree-Siemens Acramatic controller question

Is there a way to select mulitple files for transfer to floppy on an Acramatic 2100? The machine is a Tree VMC 1060. Never touched one before.

I just started a new job Monday. The machine has 497 programs in memory and needs to be emptied.

My boss was complaining about having to transfer one file at a time.

I suggested locating the directory that the programs are stored in, then booting the machine from floppy, (since the Siemens software is running on NT, NTFS Reader should be able to boot the machine's computer and read/write/copy from the NTFS partition) and then select multiple files for transfer.

I brought in the boot disk today, but my boss would rather see a solution within the normal interface.

What's really needed is a DNC setup. That- and the solution to selecting multiple files... and then someone needs to start saving programs after they've been run, not a year later, lol. Organizing all those programs should be a lot of fun too.

I have a copy of Procomm Plus that I never put into service, so I already told my boss I'd donate that towards a DNC setup.

Does anyone know of a way to select multiple files for transfer from within the user interface on the Acramatic 2100?

Thanks!

There should be a select all button when you are in the file transfer page. If not in the files to transfer box try typing a *.

Quote Originally Posted by b1apt View Post
    There should be a select all button when you are in the file transfer page. If not in the files to transfer box try typing a *.
    Thanks for the reply.

Although I'm positive there is no such button being displayed, I'll look for it. If it's not there, I'll try your other suggestion.

This morning the machine was fired up and there's no longer any X axis... just Y and Z. Can't move X w/ the pulse generator either... it's like X no longer exists.

Supposedly the hdd is bad now, and the machine's software is hosed. Good thing I didn't boot the machine from floppy to access the data, I'd probably be getting the blame for this new problem. lol.

Perhaps the bad hdd/corrupted sw is related to the missing button.

I find it hard to beleive that there is no way to dump all the progs at one time from within the user interface.

Quote Originally Posted by b1apt View Post

Not all software levels can do multiple file select

Quote Originally Posted by zpsbob View Post
    Not all software levels can do multiple file select
    You're absolutely correct. Thanks for the input.

It may not be possible from within the user interface. The machine went down for hdd replacement. The old one was returned.

I didn't get an opportunity to do anything.

Also, as far as I know, the programs were not saved. lol.

I've looked at the manual for the control, and I did not see multiple file select. I have to note that this is one of those rare times that a manual's depiction of a screen actually matches the real screen on the machine.

Anyway, it looks like the software only supports individual file transfers.

Also, the manual says you can delete entire directories, but I didn't see a way to dump a directory to floppy. Go figure.

If I had to, I'm sure I could've gotten to a command prompt one way or another, then batch copied the files.

You can get to a command prompt MORE>SERVICE> and it's there. I don't think it will do much good though. The 2100 doesn't save the programs under the names it displays in the program directory. It uses some numbering convention IIRC that doesn't really correspont to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zpsbob View Post
    You can get to a command prompt MORE>SERVICE> and it's there. I don't think it will do much good though. The 2100 doesn't save the programs under the names it displays in the program directory. It uses some numbering convention IIRC that doesn't really correspont to anything.
    Knowing how to get a command prompt on a 2100 may come in handy. Thanks.

From what I've seen and read on the 2100 so far, what you said about the filenames doesn't surprise me.

It sounds like the files are being placed in an NTFS alternative data stream.

I read somewhere that Siemens is very secretive and protective of their software. hmmm.... still doesn't make sense scrambling the filenames of a user's programs.

Although the issue is kinda moot since the programs are already gone, my curiousity has been piqued.

Does anyone here have Acramatic 2100 PDF manuals whose can send me or tellme where can I download? Thanks.

hellow everyone we have a jorneyman 425 treemill with a siemens pc-2100 controler that doesnot work does anyone know anything about this we have 11,000 dollars sunk in this boat ancor