585,743 active members*
4,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DXF Import on EZ-Plus

Does anyone know how to use the dxf import tool on the Bridgeport EZ-Plus system? I can import the dxf file but when I go into EDIT and toggle to the dxf files and select the dxf file, I get the following message "could not find file psurf".

Never done it but check the book on the rules. Cannot exceed the size of the screen and has to be enclosed (I guess have all sides touching making a continuous shape), etc.. I just remember this from long ago.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by md63825 View Post
    Does anyone know how to use the dxf import tool on the Bridgeport EZ-Plus system? I can import the dxf file but when I go into EDIT and toggle to the dxf files and select the dxf file, I get the following message "could not find file psurf".
    I don't use EZ-Plus, but have done a lot of work with AutoCAD, although I'm a bit behind the times as I've refused to update past R13. It sounds like the DXF file converter is trying to find a surface fill or something (PSURF is not defined in the R13 documentation). This happens to me occasionally when bringing AutoCAD files with text into MasterCAM, but MasterCAM has an error routine that gets past it.

Try importing the DXF file into AutoCAD and use ACAD's EXPLODE command to break everything down to arcs and lines, deleting any fills or surfaces that EZ-Plus can't interpret. Then try importing the modified file to EZ-Plus.

Dennis