499,075 active members
6,973 visitors online
Register for free
Login

Thread: sprue puller

Registered

sprue puller

I finally have my Boy 15S injection molding machine up and running and I found a MUD frame on Ebay and ordered a set of aluminum mold plates. I was about to order some injection pins to make my first mold and realized that I will need to have a sprue puller in the mold and a sprue ejection pin.

Looking online I found these sprue lock bushings, but it seems that there are not many different types of premade bushings available.https://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detai...079910/?Inch=0

My question is do most people buy the sprue puller bushings like this already made or do they just machine a sprue puller into their mold cavities?

If people are machining them into the cavity can someone share with me a design for one with a cold slug well that is good for both ABS and polycarbonate? Also, is there a recommended reverse taper cutter that can be recommended for machining the sprue puller cavity. Obviously, this needs to be done at the correct depth and angle to work well. I am not sure where to buy this odd cutter.

Also, what diameter sprue ejection pin would you normally use on small molds and how much larger should I ream the hole for it? It would be great if someone could recommend a specific part number of pin to use.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me on this.

In the cold slug area of the spruce puller pin, just use a ball shape burr bit to create an under cut.