584,858 active members*
4,646 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Moving Forum to Facebook

Since Nate never posts here anymore, how many would go to Facebook and have this Forum a closed group to prevent the off topic interruptions? I see Nate already has a company group so it would need to be Fine Line Automation Users.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Re: Moving Forum to Facebook

I have a FB page but don't use it. We just started a local woodworkers club and one of the members started a FB group and that's the first time I've been on FB in probably 10 years. I don't really have plans to add it to my daily routine. But maybe that's just me...

David
    David
    Romans 3:23
    Etsy shop opened 12/1/17 - CurlyWoodShop

Well for now I have just added Mactec54 to my ignore list, he will continue to post mis-information but at least I will never see it. I hate to give up the Zone for one person and he seems to target me because I just post from my experience in the field and he hates that. I will let you folks deal with him.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

ericks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Well for now I have just added Mactec54 to my ignore list, he will continue to post mis-information but at least I will never see it. I hate to give up the Zone for one person and he seems to target me because I just post from my experience in the field and he hates that. I will let you folks deal with him.
    Just agree to disagree

He hates it when I post from my real world experience and he argues with not only me but others. It just disrupts the Forum. So Ignore is the best way.

I.T professional here. Facebook is not your friend. No I don't want to debate it.
    I'll just hang out here and post to myself

Jack.

It takes two to argue.
    Don't feed the trolls. If you don't agree or like what someone says, ignore it and they go away.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by PLJack View Post
    I.T professional here. Facebook is not your friend. No I don't want to debate it.
    I'll just hang out here and post to myself

Jack.
    You are correct of course, I just want to post and learn not have to be hassled over every post. I have added Him to my Ignore List so I never see what he posts but that does not prevent Mactec54 from posting Insults or false and misleading information. I am surprised CNC Zone allows it.

If it's a way to communicate with fineline I'm down with it. Also it would be good to have fineline owners only. Too bad he can't just start a business forum, since I'm another one that doesn't really use Facebook. Have you talked to anyone from Fineline lately? I haven't heard anything since they were made aware of the issue with my gantry. I waited a long time before going public with it as well.

Thanks,
    Dan

I won't go to Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by PLJack View Post
    Facebook is not your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    It takes two to argue.
    Don't feed the trolls. If you don't agree or like what someone says, ignore it and they go away.
    Thats all fine Gerry and thank you for your help but what he is posting is incorrect and unsafe at times information. The folks here have no way to sort it out.

No one on here should have to put up with the constant insults and harassment. He even argued with the other moderator about the correct and true information he had posted. The man is out of control and needs to be off this Forum anyway. He can roam free on the rest of the Zone. He does not own a FLA machine and really adds nothing to the discussion here. I have him on my Ignore list so I will not see his rants.