584,812 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Ballscrew alignment tolerance to way axis

Ballscrew alignment tolerance to way axis

So when installing ballscrews on the X2 there will be some misalignment between the ballscrew axis and the axis of the way.

It may be so small that one doesn't notice, especially if we don't look.

But for those that have direct knowledge or experience:

What is an acceptable tolerance?
    What works? what doesn't work?

Re: Ballscrew alignment tolerance to way axis

So my Y axis ballscrew moves about .005" , measured at the frame where it would normally be constrained by the axial and radial bearing, as the saddle moves through its range of motion.
    My x axis ballscrew moves about .015" , measured at the table where it would normally be constrained by the axial and radial bearing, as the table moves through its range of motion.

I'll see how that works out, I may have to tweek the ways by scraping them, hope not.

Re: Ballscrew alignment tolerance to way axis

Quote Originally Posted by cncuser1 View Post
    So my Y axis ballscrew moves about .005" , measured at the frame where it would normally be constrained by the axial and radial bearing, as the saddle moves through its range of motion.
    My x axis ballscrew moves about .015" , measured at the table where it would normally be constrained by the axial and radial bearing, as the table moves through its range of motion.

I'll see how that works out, I may have to tweek the ways by scraping them, hope not.
    There is a few things that can cause this .misalignment in ballnut mount or bearing alignment at motor side not adjust right. Try shining ball nut mount in various spots to get rid of your movements. See if it is worse when you move motorside toward ballnut or worse other direction. If it is not that check bearing on motorplate side.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk