585,758 active members*
4,568 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ROBOCNC X2

ROBOCNC X2

HI all,
    I have a simple question, has anyone purchased a ROBOCNC X2 router machine? If you have do you have any comments about the machine.
    thanks in advance.

vic

Re: ROBOCNC X2

Hi, I don't remember he is selling machines or kits. But I love his design, which is very similar to the kits you can get from DamenCNC. Don't hesitate to contact them, answer may take a couple of days, but they'll answer all your questions.

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5010 en utilisant Tapatalk

ericks Guest

Yes his design and quality of work is great. I am using some aspects of his design on my own machine.....i did not know that he was selling kits/machines

Thanks Guys, I guess that I should have stated that Damen CNC does sell kits for the machine. I too am impressed with his basic design but do have concerns about structural rigidity when used for machining Aluminum.
    vic

ericks Guest

His machine looks very rigid. My machine has a different design/size main frame. I am also not using rack and pinion like he did. His Z axis design is great, mine is very similar....

Quote Originally Posted by vicpaulsen View Post
    Thanks Guys, I guess that I should have stated that Damen CNC does sell kits for the machine. I too am impressed with his basic design but do have concerns about structural rigidity when used for machining Aluminum.
    vic
    Structural rigidity should be the strength of this gutter/bridge architecture compared to moving gantry. Depending on your Z height needs, sides can easily be reinforced and triangulated.
    You can also "close the bed" like RouterCNC build on YT

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5010 en utilisant Tapatalk