584,802 active members*
4,929 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

which chinese machine ? Keder ok?

Reading reviews it seems like there is no consistency in Chinese cnc routers. We are looking at a keder for our small cabinet shop. t seems bizare that companies all claim to have been in business for 10 years but have only one review. Others say they ship 100 a year to the US but can't come up with a customer within 3000 miles of us. The reason we look at the keder is that they sell on ebay so we may get a bit more back up as we can pay for it with our ebay credit card as opposed to sending a bank draft. We are just looking at a basic 1325 model. It also seems bizarre every company has the same model number. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Don

Re: which chinese machine ? Keder ok?

Where are you located? I just bought a router from ACCTEK USA in Chicago area. They import them and sell from their warehouse. I was able to go check mine out and see it operate before purchasing. I'm headed up there next weekend to pick it up. I know that he has a 1325 ATC model in stock right now and it is priced at the old Tariff prices which would save some money. I really wanted the ATC that he had but it was a little more than I needed right now but I liked the price. Here's their contact info. tell them Bobby sent you.
    Call: (630) 557-6177 or Email: [email protected]

Hi Don.
    I purchased a “ 1325” cnc from Signtech International 3 years ago based in China. Leevar Wang was the gentleman that I consulted with.
    To date, I have had no major problems with the machine. I inadvertently reformatted the parameters on the Richauto A11 DSP and had to email tech support for guidance. Being a complete beginner, I had a steep learning curve ahead of me.
    3 years on, I now find it fairly straight forward using Vectric VCarve Pro to create my projects.

I had my cnc customised with a vacuum bed and 2x 1.5kw motors running off 240v, 3kw water cooled spindle, dust extractor, and auto tool sensor. All up, the cnc took 4 weeks to be made and delivered to Western Australia, all without a hitch. I highly recommend this company, Leevar was fantastic to deal with, and Eric from Tech support was a huge help to me as well.

I’ve had 3 other people contact me from around Australia over the past couple of years to get my opinion on the company and the quality of their cnc’s as I did myself some 4 years ago from a gentleman in Queensland, and I think, for the price can’t fault them. My cnc appears to be very sturdy, weighs around 500kg and does everything I have asked of it.
    I hope this helps you in your endeavours to find a machine.
    P.S The companies call these a 1325 due to them being 1300mm x 2500mm foot print.

Regards
    Anthony

Hi Don.
    I purchased a “ 1325” cnc from Signtech International 3 years ago based in China. Leevar Wang was the gentleman that I consulted with.
    To date, I have had no major problems with the machine. I inadvertently reformatted the parameters on the Richauto A11 DSP and had to email tech support for guidance. Being a complete beginner, I had a steep learning curve ahead of me.
    3 years on, I now find it fairly straight forward using Vectric VCarve Pro to create my projects.

I had my cnc customised with a vacuum bed and 2x 1.5kw motors running off 240v, 3kw water cooled spindle, dust extractor, and auto tool sensor. All up, the cnc took 4 weeks to be made and delivered to Western Australia, all without a hitch. I highly recommend this company, Leevar was fantastic to deal with, and Eric from Tech support was a huge help to me as well.

I’ve had 3 other people contact me from around Australia over the past couple of years to get my opinion on the company and the quality of their cnc’s as I did myself some 4 years ago from a gentleman in Queensland, and I think, for the price can’t fault them. My cnc appears to be very sturdy, weighs around 500kg and does everything I have asked of it.

Regards
    Anthony

Hi Don,

I recently imported a Remax 1224 from Jinan Remax Machinery Technology Co.,Ltd

The machine has a working envelope of 1200mmX x 2400mmY x 200mmZ in an overall size of 3000mmY x 1400mmX (plus gantry overhangs). You can see photos of the machine in their factory prior to shipment here: 1224 wood cnc router machine - Jinan Remax Machinery Technology Co.,Ltd

This was something I'd been "planning" for a very long time but always wanting to build my own however it's difficult to compete with Chinese manufacturing on a cost/effort basis and so forth so I bit the bullet and bought this via a friend of mine who imports this kind of machinery for a living. During my on-and-off research I too noticed the similarities between the various makers along with the model numbers (generally referring to X and Y cutting sizes). Most of them seem so similar it's confusing and one wonders why there are such price variations. The short answer to the last bit is the quality of the parts, their physical makeup and the overall quality of assembly. In short, what this means is:

1. Whose components are used (rails, trucks, bearings and associated assemblies)
    2. Source of components (ie: HiWin rails from Taiwan are popular/quality) versus some Chinese copy of similar
    3. Are mating surfaces machined (as they should be) - there's a recent and interesting thread in this forum about a Saturn build you should read)
    4. Whose controls do they use
    5. Do they offer software to drive the machine and is it legitimate
    6. There are various other aspects however

What is really important when ordering is to be absolutely certain the Supplier understands exactly what you want. For example, I specifically requested an Ethernet based interface along with a 4 axis machine (pictured as above) but ended up with a RichAuto A11 DSP (3 Axis) and only enough driver modules for 3 Axis (no driver to run the 4th axis in the control box). This may have been _partly_ my fault because I added the 4th axis after they had started building the machine however I can't understand why they thought I could use this configuration with a 3 axis hand controller.

The A11 DSP does connect to a PC via USB but only in the sense it allows you to transfer files between a PC and the DSP. This however is not all that obvious by any descriptions I've seen advertised by the Chinese makers and was very disappointing to find out after delivery. I've since sorted this out with Remax via ordering another control - again they sent a USB versus Ethernet unit (against what I requested but did mention USB would be OK) - I think they thought they were trying to help me save money against what I actually wanted.

I have yet to install the new controls (USB to PC based) but am quite happy with the overall operation and use of the A11 DSP and swapping a USB stick between PC and A11 is not really that much of a pain for the moment. I will upgrade to UCCNC (Ethernet) in the near future so probably won't use the USB interface for this machine either (I have a CNC conversion for a lathe on the drawing board and the A11 or USB would be better suited for this anyway).

I think that overall, given the Chinese "way" of equipment (flooding) supply it is worthwhile thinking/remembering that their fully assembled machines should be viewed as "assembled kits". One should consider that after delivery, be prepared to perform "finishing and tuning tasks". Whet that means depends to a large degree on expectations. I have now spent the last couple of months (intermittently between using and "fixing" the machine) making it the way I fully expected/wanted it to be when it arrived. It was quite usable but didn't "feel" quite "right" and had some odd things about it that I just had to understand. I have a long Engineering background in fixing things and don't like things that don't work properly so I fix them (can't help it :-) )

Don't misunderstand me, the machine is built like a brick S*tHouse weighing in at just on 1000kg, fully welded frame, machined Y rail mounts and overall of good quality (assembly and finish a bit slack). It took me about a week to get it off the ute and into the workshop. Heavy duty castors/wheels are your best friend!

The accuracy and repeatability was excellent (but now even better after tweaking). I have yet to mount/configure the 4th axis ([2400mm long] which is also built like a brick relief house) so I'm looking forward to be able to do some more complex machining. I'm almost there...

If you'd like to know more about the machine, let me know.

A$0.02 :-)

HarryE.
    ===

BTW, I'm in Tasmania.

HarryE.
    ===

Quote Originally Posted by anth6662 View Post
    Hi Don.

Regards
    Anthony
    Hi Anthony
    Currently looking at a very similar machine , would like to get an update and have a chat about your machine if possible.
    Message me in here or give me a call

Thanks

I did try this but apparently that is not the case anymore. They had 4 machines listed as in stock, but actually said they take about 8 weeks and are shipped to the nearest port and then to me, not Illinois.