584,817 active members*
4,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lexium Drives and Pokeys

Greetings all...I am new to smaller machine tech and recently purchased a Pokeys 57CNC BOB for a small custom machine and I am having a heck of a time hooking it up to a trio of Lexium Ethernet drives. The drives are all configured in S/D mode but I get one little "clik" sound out of them on jog and not a bit beyond that. The drives have a million settings but I have a basic Step/Dir wiring config on pins 4,3 respectively and connected to pins 5,3 on the Pokeys respectively and I'm not doing anything to drive them via Ethernet it's just the config interface at this point. I have some experience programming these drives but none with Pokeyes and boy am I stuck in the mud. I thought it would be a simple thing and am sure it is but I'm not getting the message somehow. These obviously also take a reference but it's auto-sensing and the Pokeys looks to be wanting a sink/gnd so I have a connection to Pin 8 on the motor drive as my reference. Like I said before I get this little clik sound but no motion.
    Pokeys support folks mentioned an "enable" voltage but the Lexiums don't need that but perhaps the Pokeys needs to see a loop...it's unclear to me and hoping someone else has used these as well and has some insight.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Lexium Drives and Pokeys

Subscribed. Sorry I can't help you on that but I hope you get help here. Which lexium do you have?

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

These are a pair of LMDCE57 doubles for X/Y and same but triple motor stack on the Z. I use them on a few other application with PLC's and they are pretty awesome when you get a handle on the Mcode programming. Lots of stuff available and can be configured for various applications.
    Thanks for checking in and I'm hopeful someone can help me sort this I just need that one little checkbox eluding me.

I see voltage changes on my outputs of 0v-.6v on step and 0 or 4.8V on direction...anyone else confirm this for me...I still have nothing but blank stares from these things.