584,858 active members*
4,487 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Cnc-workshop 2007

Wow, how time flies ! The Third annual CNC-WORKSOP (www.cnc-workshop.com) is just around the corner!
    June 11-17th
    The first year it was too hot....
    The second year it was too cold (and wet)
    This will be the third year and I really think the weather will be fine! But heck, who cares!! We get to play with all the neat toys!!

If you have ever wanted to meet some of the guys you met on the net, this is the place to be!! The list is long, so check out Rolands website and see who is coming.

The Rickomatic has a few new additions...50,000 rpm head !!! Way cool !
    Screams like a banshee, but fun to watch!

Anyway, check out www.cnc-workshop.com and hope to see ya there! Rick

Being a newbe, would it be worth my time going to the workshop?
    I'm building a router and have lots of dumb newbe questions!

Skip

cnc workshop

Hi Skip. Yes, I think that the amount of info you can get would be well worth it! From the newby's to the very advanced, everybody learns a lot! And the best part is everybody loves to share there knowledge!!

Bring a BIG notebook if you come, as I am sure you can get some great ideas and insight on every aspect of cnc's!

There will also be demonstrations on aluminum casting and cnc edm's

My "thing" is cheep and free cnc, and the casting. I will be there all week, and basicly never shut up! It's a blast!

Join the yahoo group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CNCWORKSHOP/ and you can see pics from the previous years. Take care! Rick

Hey Rick

You talked me into it, sounds like fun

Skip

Rick, Maybe you can help me understand how the show works? I've come over on Friday for the last two years and never quite get into the flow of things. I can't take off the week of work, but maybe one day doesn't fit the bill either. When I get over there, I have trouble finding out what is going on where. I always find the back room with several suppliers, and then visit along the halls, go to the swap meet, but it really seems jumbled up. I almost never find the owner of the swap meet tables at them. How do I find them? Am I missing out on something to locate ongoing seminars? It also seems that nearly all the attention is placed on machining metal. Do you expect that there will be any wood guys there this year?

Thanks for the help. I have felt like the red-headed step child when I walk into the place. I kinda roam around, visit with some nice people, but always feel like I really missed out on something good.

Thanks, Rich

workshop

Hi Rich. The workshop runs from Monday until Sunday. The big problem is that a lot of the guys come from a long way away and start leaving Saturday and by Sunday the place is a ghost town! I've mentioned this to Roland, but he seems set in the days of the show.... I thought it should start on a Saturday and end on the following Friday, but it isn't my show.....
    The other problem is by Friday, a lot of the guys are, for lack of a better word, burned out. I show up Sunday and by Friday, I am tired! Not a bad tired, but still tired. I will always answer questions and do my demonstrations no matter if only 1 person shows up!!
    When I tell people about the show, I always try to get them to come by Thursday at the latest, because there is always soooooooo much going on!

Hope ya can make it this year! (tell the wife and boss ya need some time to yourself! LOL!!!!) Take care Rick

workshop

Hi Rich. Sorry that I forgot to address the "being left out". Come and FIND me!!! You usually can not miss me as I am the one who never shuts up! I would be happy to take you around and introduce you to the "guys"!!!

As for the swap meet, go figure, I can't find the owners either. I will bring along some paper and magic markers and MAKE THEM put there names on there stuff! We'll find them somehow....

As for the classes....sigh.... Roland makes up the great schedules... Then everybody keeps switching them around! My talks get "bumped" at least 2 times before I get to do them... Maybe this year will be better...Sure rick, keep telling yourself that...... Anyway, if you come, PLEASE come find me!
    Take care Rick

Attending the 2007 workshop

Hello All,
    I'm planning on attending the 2007 workshop. I'll be driving from Morganton, NC to the Galesburg site. Morganton is a beautiful small town located about 60 miles east of Asheville, NC on Interstate 40. I'm planning on attending the whole show, staying until the last dog is hung ! I'm a 63 year old retired machinist/manufacturing engineer. My wife says I have the worlds largest hobby machine shop. I'm going through the long, sometimes painful learning curve of building new servo drives, interfacing a PC with Mach3 as the control software. My project is on some of the cnczone & yahoo groups as "Bridgeport Discovery 300" If anyone is interested in riding along and sharing expenses let me know ASAP. If we get along it's possible we could share the motel & expences there also.
    Paul A.K.A Tenmetalman
    Cell Phone 828-390-5895

Sharing rides, stories, info.....

I have a Yahoo group set up in case you are looking to share a ride, have questions about the workshop, have a story to share.....
    And in the photo section are pics from the previous years...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CNCWORKSHOP/

Hope to see ya there! Rick

Is there anymore info coming on the workshop (schedule) ect?

Workshop

Have you gone to the workshop site "http://www.cnc-workshop.com/" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sdopp View Post
    Is there anymore info coming on the workshop (schedule) ect?

Yes I have. Just wondering about all those blank spaces

cnc workshop

Ahhhhhhhhh, the schedule. I think that by next week Roland may be able to update the classes. Then, when you get there, you will find that it has changed! In a perfect world I would be rich, handsom, and have a brand new Haas (make that 2 LOL!) in the shop, but....things don't always work out that way....
    If you have been to the workshop, you know how much is going on at all times! The best thing is to keep checkin' the website and show up for the workshop. A LOT will be going on!
    As a side note, I scheduled a aluminum casting demo opposite Paul Hamlers investment casting demo. Both were generally crowded, so I thought we could break up the group. During the demo I looked up and there was Paul ! He cancelled his demo, cause he wanted to see mine!!! LOL!!! Go figure!

The workshop is an offshoot from the cnc display that started at the N.A.M.E.S. Show in Michigan, many... years...ago...

Every year the cnc area grew, and grew until Roland decided (persuaded by us, cnc guys) to sponser the workshop. Trust me, it's a lot of work on his part and his crew!!!!!(and they are some great guys too!)
    Anyway, although I'm sure this was not the answer you were lookin' for, come to the workshop, have fun, learn lots and meet some great guys, have dinner out, drink a few cold ones, tell lies, and dream of cool toys to build.....

Take care. Rick (cheep and free cnc, Rickomatic)

One week and countin' !!

With only one week away, I hope everybody that's coming has all there "toys" ready! If I had a month more..... LOL!!! I will be demonstrating both sand and lost foam casting this year as well as "cheep and free" Rickomatic stuff. I have found a new use for the cnc...Sharpening dies (thread cutting hand type) If you have any "tired" ones, bring em' along and we will sharpen them up! Hope to see ya there! Rick

I have been looking forward to this all year. This will be my second year. I only come fri,sat,sun though. It is a good time.

I can't wait to see the mods to your rick-o-matic. Nice machine. I will probably be hanging around (annoying) the emc group I got to see your sand casting and also fenns lost foam casting.

sam

workshop less than a week away!!

Hi Sam! I'm getting very excited with the workshop less than a week away! I hope that Ben (the guy doing lost foam last year) will be back again. I have been working with it a bit and have been amazed at how well that process works!
    If anybody that is coming to the workshop has a cnc hot wire cutter, BRING IT WITH YOU!!!! I have not had the time to put one together yet....
    Rickomatic will be there, and hopefully I will pay better attention and not crash it again this year!
    See ya next week! Rick

I would like to attend the whole show but work prevents that. Does anyone know if there is a per day option or is the cost $100 regardless of the number of days of attendance?

Thanks

http://www.cnc-workshop.com/costs.htm

He only shows the whole week cost $100 - $120 at the door

Or

Fri, sat, sun for $20 - $30 at the door.

sam

Argh, how did I miss that? Thanks

I have talked to Roland....

I spoke with Roland tonight. Everything is going well. He tells me there is a LOT of room in the warehouse now! Most of the BIG machines are now gone so there is enough room for the demonstrations now. We may top 300 people this year!!! Man, I got a lot of talkin' to do!!!! He may have the website updated with all the current classes and demonstrations by Thursday night.... Hope to see ya there! Rick

Page 1 of 2 12