584,800 active members*
4,573 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 6M macros and subprograms Newbie

Unhappy Fanuc 6M macros and subprograms Newbie

hello
    If programs are written to use macros and subprograms , is there a way to figure out what those macros settings and subprogram are. I am afraid that when sending programs(someone else wrote) to the machine , i coming to the conclusion i might of forced macros and subprograms out of the memory to make space . I removed two programs and began looking for area where the macros are stored. The machine is a Amada OCTO 334 NC punch press, using a Fanuc 6M controler . I dont have the Fanuc 6m operators manual which covers the macros , nor can i find it online. please someone help

Thanks

Re: Fanuc 6M macros and subprograms Newbie

both 6M-b operator manuals
    B52264
    B54044
    cover the use of the user macro option in great detail. I have scoured the interwebs, neither is available for free. Also neither would have anything in it relating to the memory contents of your turret punch.

once you delete a program , there is no undelete. You would have to revert to a backup copy. Subprograms necessary for your machines operation should be under lock and key in the 8000 or 9000 range.

So im looking into the purchase of one of those book. Which one is better. the one i was looking at is like 320 page book , seems to be more thorough then the cheaper one .

certain parameters where set that i have now changed and im able to see how many meters i think is the unit its measuring in, i have left

two things about the subprograms . first when you input 9000 or 8000 in the parameters it will take you to 0900 and 0800 which logically i would say that was the 8 and 9 hundreds,this isn't what you are talking about is it ?
    and two is that PARA 0317 or 0318 7th bit was set to 0 making it editable at some point , and to my knowledge I didn't erase any of that data. But do believe i have some how changed something important causing these already written programs not to work

I receive alrams codes
    185 An attempt is made to inpit another macro where one macro is already stored. although a macro is not being input, the V code is instructed. There is no correlations between macro number U and V(hit start again)
    188 A macro not stored in the memory is called
    192 Macro data called by G75 and G76 block is not in memory

so i would like to be able to view what macros are stored , as well as figure out what i might be missing.
    can you instruct me on how to view my stored macros?

B52264 pre level up
    B54044 post level up

B54044 does have some parameter descriptions that are not in the earlier book. I plan on scanning both of them into pdfs in the near future.

programs are not parameters. Macros are just programs with arithmetic inside them. I was referring to programs in the range of 8-9k. They can be protected from deletion or editing or from even being visible (later controls?)

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...-fanuc-6m.html

You may not be able to see 8-9k if they are protected. It seems pretty likely from those alarms that you have erased some of your macro programs.

Yes i know how to view how many programs are in the memory and how much space is left to add with @can and origins .

So I am the point of just ordering one of the manuals. they have so many for the different versions and machines that they correspond to. So now my question is how can i decipher which one belongs to my machine
    i have a
    Amada OCTO 334 with a Fanuc System6M Series M31 Version 03.
    I wasn't able to identify between all the different one. i was thinking B-54044E/02 or 03 . i didn't want to assume that the 02 or 03 was the different version or even that 54044E is even for the machine i have . i've seen in other post, talk about series and versions but none have been about the one i have nor the machine im working with

thanks again for you time generaldisarray

Hi ... if you need some general macro programming info ... we have a BLOG series that might be helpful :
    Making Chips: Fanuc Macro Programming Series - Part #1 : Basics

Hope it helps ..

Check out our Real World Machine Shop Software at Kipware® Software - Real World Machine Shop and CNC Software

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    B52264 pre level up
    B54044 post level up

B54044 does have some parameter descriptions that are not in the earlier book. I plan on scanning both of them into pdfs in the near future.

programs are not parameters. Macros are just programs with arithmetic inside them. I was referring to programs in the range of 8-9k. They can be protected from deletion or editing or from even being visible (later controls?)

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc...-fanuc-6m.html

You may not be able to see 8-9k if they are protected. It seems pretty likely from those alarms that you have erased some of your macro programs.
    What level up do you mean exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChip View Post
    Hi ... if you need some general macro programming info ... we have a BLOG series that might be helpful :
    Making Chips: Fanuc Macro Programming Series - Part #1 : Basics

Hope it helps ..

Check out our Real World Machine Shop Software at Kipware® Software - Real World Machine Shop and CNC Software
    I am not 100 percent on this but i believe the Fanuc 6M has set macros in the memory that i may have ereased somehow. I am only able to run the pre-written programs that have no macros in them . they are very long and i don't have a lot of them for our production.
    So even with the knowledge of macros , i would still need the correct manual that tells me how to add,edit and control these macros

level-up was hardware versions higher than (X?) that turned 6M-B into 6M-BII.

plagarized from alexfanuc

There are three types of 6 control.
    6 A Master pcb is A16B-0007-0010 (it has many ROM chips in it)
    6 B Master pcb is A20B-0008-0410
    6 B II It is called "level up" Master pcb is A16B-1000-0030
    When you had a double turret machine, the control would be called 6 C .
    As for the T and M , like 6MB or 6TB M = Machining center. T = turning .

"I am not 100 percent on this but i believe the Fanuc 6M has set macros in the memory that i may have ereased somehow. I am only able to run the pre-written programs that have no macros in them . they are very long and i don't have a lot of them for our production.
    So even with the knowledge of macros , i would still need the correct manual that tells me how to add,edit and control these macros"

The macros in question belong to that machine, not Fanuc. Whether its an Amada thing or one of your predecessors I cant tell you. The Amada book for this machine might help. Amada themselves might know also.

The "macros" are just programs that are being called that no longer exist because you deleted them. Either called with a macro sub-call or with that G75/76 call. The macros will reference "variables" that are still there. .If you were able to erase them ,you can just read them back in. If you have a backup copy of them.
    Have you ever backed up the memory contents of this machine? Maybe you have upgraded the Memory to a Tulip board and still have the old bubble?

I have never seen an Octo with Macros. Unless you have a strange option like programmable work clamps or running a sheet loading system. But even in that case we were changing the ROMs on the PC board. We use to build a relay circuit for the MP's never used macros. I have a macro book by Peter Smid if you like I can share. What is the actual problem? When did the problem start? Did you change DNC software? Did you load parameters? Move machine? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AMADAJOE View Post
    I have never seen an Octo with Macros. Unless you have a strange option like programmable work clamps or running a sheet loading system. But even in that case we were changing the ROMs on the PC board. We use to build a relay circuit for the MP's never used macros. I have a macro book by Peter Smid if you like I can share. What is the actual problem? When did the problem start? Did you change DNC software? Did you load parameters? Move machine? etc.
    Well it defiantly uses macros , the alarm code even tells you that its trying to use macros that aren't in the memory as well as trying to store a macro where there is already a macro stored.
    things that have changed:
    1 the person who operated it for 15+ years no long runs it or works there.
    2 the parameter had been changed by a few different people not really knowing what they were changing,
    3 I changed the parameters back to their original setting.
    4 the computer that was used to communicate with the NC is password locked out so a different one is being used.
    5 as well as a different DNC software that is being used
    6 The programmer is also no longer with us .

I have a program that uses i think like 5 macros and then writes out every repetitive step out the long way, that runs fine . But some of the other programs with extensive macros called by G75 and G76 (that have worked in the past)that throw all these alarm codes talking about macros.
    I can also run any of the programs in in Trial mode (Para 0435 set to 1)most of the program will run a few blocks still have to skip . so most of the program is calling macros that have something to do with multiple part punching . the rest i haven't concluded what patterns sum up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    level-up was hardware versions higher than (X?) that turned 6M-B into 6M-BII.

plagarized from alexfanuc

There are three types of 6 control.
    6 A Master pcb is A16B-0007-0010 (it has many ROM chips in it)
    6 B Master pcb is A20B-0008-0410
    6 B II It is called "level up" Master pcb is A16B-1000-0030
    When you had a double turret machine, the control would be called 6 C .
    As for the T and M , like 6MB or 6TB M = Machining center. T = turning .

"I am not 100 percent on this but i believe the Fanuc 6M has set macros in the memory that i may have ereased somehow. I am only able to run the pre-written programs that have no macros in them . they are very long and i don't have a lot of them for our production.
    So even with the knowledge of macros , i would still need the correct manual that tells me how to add,edit and control these macros"

The macros in question belong to that machine, not Fanuc. Whether its an Amada thing or one of your predecessors I cant tell you. The Amada book for this machine might help. Amada themselves might know also.

The "macros" are just programs that are being called that no longer exist because you deleted them. Either called with a macro sub-call or with that G75/76 call. The macros will reference "variables" that are still there. .If you were able to erase them ,you can just read them back in. If you have a backup copy of them.
    Have you ever backed up the memory contents of this machine? Maybe you have upgraded the Memory to a Tulip board and still have the old bubble?
    I have a few people say that the macros are machine standard and a few are probably custom from the programmer . Yes it is the G75/G76 that is giving me the hardest time.
    I have scoured the old programmers office and computer for any back ups . All i find is the parameter Data, special Parameter data that i have had to enter in just to get the machine operational again .
    inside the NC a few of the boards are labeled . of course not all of the numbers match what you gave me
    One says
    A20B-0008-0440
    while another labeled ROM say
    A16B-something
    i am no longer at work or i could give you the rest.
    I have reached out to Amada but most rep and the branched off companies they work at have no clue as this machine date before them . the machine is from Japan and finding a rep i can talk to that actually knows the machine im talking about it turning out to be harder then you would think . I believe i am getting somewhere slowly and i appreciate all your input and time your taking to help me figure this out . worse case scenario i will have to learn as fast as i can to replicate the macros or subprograms as well what it will take to create the programs myself . I have all the prints and drawings. its not the idea way to learn but it works for me

Macros in an Amada are written by the user. The oldest machine I've worked on is an Aries 245 thick from '88 and they have all been the same. The user writes a program that includes a punching sequence macro bracketed by a "Ux" & "Vx", then calls it later in the program calls with a G75 or G76 line with a Wx to call the particular stored macro and a Qx to denote the quadrant to start at. G75 is horizontal execution, G76 is vertical.

Attached the Octo user's manual part 1 & 2, as well as the Amada Basic NCT programming book. Macros start on pg 113.

Macros in an Amada are written by the user. The oldest machine I've worked on is an Aries 245 thick from '88 and they have all been the same. The user writes a program that includes a punching sequence macro bracketed by a "Ux" & "Vx", then calls it later in the program calls with a G75 or G76 line with a Wx to call the particular stored macro and a Qx to denote the quadrant to start at. G75 is horizontal execution, G76 is vertical.

Subprograms are also user-written. They are called by M96Psubprogramname in the primary program.

Attached the Octo user's manual part 1 & 2, as well as the Amada Basic NCT programming book. Macros start on pg 113.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemikiller View Post

Subprograms are also user-written. They are called by M96Psubprogramname in the primary program.

"Macros in an Amada are written by the user" Not all macros are created by end user

When I say no macros in an Octo, I am refering from the factory. If end user created a macro no one will have a copy. Many Amada machines run factory installed macros just not in this case.