585,665 active members*
3,856 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1995 FANUC Alpha-1B Help!

Hi All,
    I come from Taiwan, recently we buy a second-hand Wire EDM machine, FANUC Alpha-1B with 16-W controller.
    When it back to my company, everything were dirty and rusted, so I replaced and rebuild some parts.
    So far I can use it to cut parts, even I'm new in Wire EDM but I have CNC machining experience and the G/M code is similar as FANUC milling and turning system.

Now I have some questions:

1. I saw there are "positioning" options on panel with EDGE. CEN. and SLIT. function,but when I pressed one of them,it always shows alarm 067, measuring error. who can tell me how to use them to find edge, hole/circle center or slit??

2. My machine is flush water system, there are a strange valve on my valve system, please check my attachment.

It looks like a normal open check valve but also connect a small pipe, the purpose looks like can relief the pressure ??

If I want to replace it, what kind of valve should I purchase?

3. Where can I find the G-code and M-codes list of 16-W system?? so far I only have 3 books, operation manual(only cutting parameters in it),maintenance manual and parts manual, I need more resources to operate it, please let me know where I can find them online.

4. How to change system clock?? I entered MDI mode, but didn't see time information...

I attached 3 photos, If anything not clear enough please let me know.
    Thanks for your help!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181116_164953.jpg   IMG_20181015_191539.jpg   IMG_20181116_165015.jpg  
    Last edited by caf0696; 11-16-2018 at 10:56 AM.