hey guyz,

I do not fully understand the grammar behind vmid and xml,
I think it seems successful to build a gantry-router version of virtual machine for simulation purpose.

https://youtu.be/sSz39IK5zw0

for test purpose, I built a very simple stl structure in Rhino, having only 5 meaningful sections.

1. Table
2. Gantry (Y-axis)
3. X-axis
4. Spindle (Z-axis)
5. a chuck for rotary axis

So, basically , the fact is that you can have your own sized machine at any shape once you build them and convert them into STL files.
For simulation purpose, I don't think avery artistic, sophisticated and realistic shapes are required. Just the right dimension to check any weird behavior or collisions, well.. that's all I think is important to DIY builders like us.

Attached are ; (all is metric units including postprocessor which I got originally from cnczone, a fanuc derived post)

1. solidcam gpptool files and machsim files. extract them and put them in solidcam folders. They are under user/public/documents/solidcam/solidcam20XX
(having fanuc-modified mach3 4-axis postprocessor with vmid file, G28 removed, no call for machine home, totally removed. machine will stop at the retract height at the end of cycle, not machine home nor machine Z0)
2. a rhino 4.0 file having exact same STL files shown in the video.

Be noted that STL should be constructed according to right placement because once they are called in solidcam there is no way to flip or spin them - maybe I failed to find how to do that, honestly I don't know.
Rhino was the right tool to do this job to me.

Cheers,
Kevin

* disclaimer : it should be used at your own risk, not mine