584,808 active members*
5,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I'm lost! Newbie needs some help on the right machine.

Hey there you all. First thank you for such an amazing forum and wealth of info. I didn't even know a forum like this existed until a couple days ago I've already spent hours on the site soaking up all of the good info, but I'm as confused as ever. I'm trying to find what I guess would be a laser engraver / cutter with an indenter to make my own medium weight boxes out of chipboard / kraft paperboard. I'm not even sure if it makes sense from a financial standpoint but I need to at least run the numbers. These boxes will all be small no bigger than 3 3/4" x 2 1/4" x 1" at the largest, most of which will be a tray type box with an insert that would cusion an item and have a specialized slider sleeve on the outside (think jewelry style boxes but with a sleeve instead of a box top). I'd like to be able to make more than one box per run, so if a larger format cutter makes more sense from an ROI perspective, then I can look at that, or if the cutter would allow more sheets of chipboard to be stacked and cut at the same time. Ideally I would like to stay under $1000 and have even looked at machines like Cricut Maker as a starter machine. The ability to do 100 boxes per day (which would include all three pieces) is ideal. Am I dreaming or is this machine available? Thank you all so so much!

Re: I'm lost! Newbie needs some help on the right machine.

hello , perhaps, we can help you, can you tell me your whatsapp number or email address ?