584,817 active members*
4,719 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach 4 > configure a correct IP address warning when using ethernet

configure a correct IP address warning when using ethernet

I'm opening mach4 connected to a pokeys57cnc using an ethernet cable. I'm getting a: check device configuration. configure a correct IP address...Check network card settings. you hit ok and it all works.
    Pokeys board is communicating just fine with the address I'm using when using the pokeys software. I'm not seeing anything to change in Mach4.
    Does anyone know why Mach4 is complaining or what it wants?

Re: configure a correct IP address warning when using ethernet

Best thing I ever done was to buy a Ethernet Smoother Stepper

The Ethernet Smoother Stepper might be a good choice for this situation. However, I'm not sure it would work here. Considering there is nothing to be changed in the Mach4, I think it could be caused by a recent usage of VPN or proxy. While using one of them, your computer lost the internet connection and the safe keys didn't work as they should have. That's why I only trust my proxy server. I made it right after I found out thPirate Bay was banned on my ISP. I found some servers on https://avoidcensorship.org/, and now I have no issues accessing the website.

Good afternoon advise how to properly subscribe to Netflix and what you need to do! By the way about vpn question: is it necessary to download it because I heard that many people advised it, but I do not know, it is so complicated.

For such cases, you definitely need to download VPN, because without it you are unlikely to be able to watch everything you need. Find out how to access hbo max , I hope it helps you! In fact, there is nothing difficult, because once I was also faced with this problem and I had to deal with it, but until today, I still think it's the best option!

The ethernet smoother stepper might actually be a good solution. I also used Mach 4, but I never experienced this issue, and I cannot even understand why you have this issue. As I said above, the ethernet smoother should work out, but I'm not sure about it. Did you try to use a proxy connection? Try to buy mobile proxies and see if everything works fine. I had a similar issue a couple of years ago, but it was an older mach version. So, after installing the mobile proxies, everything was fine. It started to work great, and I didn't get any errors.

First, I'm not sure what you mean with "ethernet input from n°1 to n°4", I will assume that those are LAN ports and your router is connected to a modem using the WAN port or that you have a DSL line to the modem/router combo unit. If that is correct, trying a different LAN port is useful as one could be faulty. I would try resetting the pair of Powerline adapters as they can sometimes set up their own network that is not in the range of yours which blocks access. Also, reset your router to its baseline settings using its reset button since those were changed multiple times. It seems on your PL adapter set their is a feature to set up a private network (page 15, although I don't read Italian there is enough in English to make it a concern with fineproxy), insure that is disabled -- you want the public network setting unless you go through and configure it correctly and need the private network feature. Could you also post a screen shot of your command prompt results from running the ipconfig command when it is not connecting. And no, you do not want your computer power save to shut off your connection, but I doubt that is the source of the issue and you made multiple other network setting changes simultaneously. One last, probably unrelated issue. Those are very old adapters and the newer AV2-1200 like TP-Link TL-PL8030 or similar are much faster than your Internet connection and won't be slower than your ISP speed as the old pair may be, the newer models are also much better at dealing with interference on your power lines.

Hey @Dean448, did you ever get this issue resolved? I have the same issue and I think its leading to other issues as well. Would love to know if you got it fixed.