Hello all!
It's my first post here and i'm glad to join this great community.

I recently bought a CNC Router for milling wood and since i am new to this area, i have many problems and questions and i couldn't find any serious guide that would help me.

Can you suggest me a place to learn and get better with milling strategies, do's and don't's, feeds and speeds rules, etc? I had end mills slip out of the collet and cuting the machine bed, bits breaking, etc. and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I searched the forums for answers but it would be much better if i could just find a guide/book/tutorial to learn from.

- Can i dive deeper than the cutter length using several passes? Would the shank rub against the wood and burn or break? (shank is the same diameter as the cutter).

- Also, would it bend and break because the end mill is so long? Should i avoid using long endmills because they are prone to break?

-Machine manufacturer suggested i should use a lubricant (like wd40) on my collet and cone to avoid rust long term. Could that be the reason my bit slipped in and out of the collet? I cleaned and degreased the tools now and tried a few more cuts and it slipped again. Could it be that i'm not tightening it enough? Should i use another key to counter the torque so i can tighten it better? Would i damage the collet if i tighten it too much?

I've uploaded some images with my machine, tools and the piece i want to mill, just in case it helps. The bookshelf is 2600x2100x450 mm approximately. My machine XYZ is 2500x1300x300. I want to use Oak wood. I was thinking about slicing it in half to fit my X limitations, then slicing it several times on Z. I use vcarve pro software and i was thinking about doing a profile cut first to remove the material i don't need (round shapes), then use a roughing and finishing strategies to mill the 3D areas. I would also need to turn the material on the other side because i have concave areas. The spindle can rotate on the x axis, but vcarve doesnt support 4 axis milling and i am not advanced enough in fusion 360.

I would really appreciate your advice on this.
Cheers!