I have learned so much on this forum over the years and I figured it was time to give something back and share my machine. It is a PM-25 MV that I purchased in January of 2018.

Currently, parts and modifications include:
400 oz in Nema 23 steppers on X and Y
1200 oz in Nema 34 stepper on Z
DM542T drivers for X and Y
DM860T driver for Z
2 48v power supplies
1500W 6000 RPM Lenze MCS servo on the spindle
1605 double nut ballscrews on X and Y
1605 single nut ballscrew on Z
Power draw bar
Full enclosure
Linux CNC control
Mist coolant system
Angular contact bearings in the spindle (Running 7500 RPM now)

I use the mill mostly for making parts for the machine or making gun parts. It uses a mix of TTS tool holders, shop made tool holders, and some Novakon tool holders.

Overall, I am happy with the performance of the machine. My biggest complaints are the double nut ballscrews (they came severely bent and needed lots of work to get the nuts to fit and preloaded, got a refund for them though), the spindle (vibrates a little bit more than I would like at 7500, needs to be balanced), and the Y and Z way covers (didn't last long before tearing and eventually got removed). At some point, I will remove the spindle again and see about balancing it. There was some poor machine work on the spindle threads which makes the cap that the drawbar uses wobble. That is certainly contributing to the vibration. I would like to increase the spindle speed to 10,000 once I do that, and the 2 HP servo should be more than capable of removing material at 6000 RPM. The torque output at 6000 is still well above what most cuts would require. I usually run it at roughly 1 in^3/min removal in aluminum, though I have managed to get it to cut 4.35 in^3/min. With end mills, I need to stick to roughly 1, because too much higher and I get tool pull out. With carbide insert end mills, tool pull out hasn't been a problem.

The pneumatic drawbar uses a 3 stage air cylinder running at roughly 110 PSI pushing 2300 lbs to release the tool. The springs I have are rated for 900lbs working force with 1100lbs full compression force. I have 12 of them running in 3 sets of 4 like this (())(())(()) so the release force is 2200 lbs.

I have plans to change some things up on the machine in the future. I would like to make a new enclosure out of sheet metal so I can run flood coolant instead of mist. I currently have one made of MDF and wood sealed with epoxy paint. I am also planning a 10 tool umbrella style tool changer that has most of the parts machined, but I need to work on the programming and a few peripherals. I have my eye out for some ground ballscrews that I can afford on ebay, but so far I have not had any luck finding one that is suitable. I would like to put some servos on it, but it may be a while before I can justify that. If I can get the tool changer working and start running production parts to sell, I might be able to justify the increase in speed and accuracy. I will also be making a probe to help on that end.

I am toying with the idea of converting it to linear rails to get some increased rapids and hopefully smoother motion. I made a linear rail table for my X2 once and it made a world of difference. I have a friend who has a Haas that can machine the dovetails off and prepare the rail mounting surface for me. I am not sure that makes sense at this point though since the dovetails do a good enough job. I would also like to increase the Y axis travel and put a head spacer on it. As others have mentioned, the machines spindle is not centered on the Y axis travel, so a lot of the Y axis travel isn't usable. A vise hanging off the end further limits that travel.

I have an idea for a control panel for it since I don't love using a mouse and keyboard all the time. It is tough to keep all of it clean and most of the keystrokes could be replaced with a control panel button.

I made a 4th axis/lathe attachment using the old spindle bearings and motor. I haven't used it yet, and currently it does not have positioning capabilities. I had an idea to add an encoder and a brake to give me 3+1 capabilities, but I haven't had a chance to design and test that part out.

Here is the machine and the enclosure before the doors went on. The cut out in the back was there so I could get the tool changer mounted. The vise on the table is an inexpensive 4" ebay vise.

Here is a look at the air cylinder assembly for the drawbar.

Here is the 4th axis as it stands now.

An AR-15 lower I made using the machine.

There is a look at the spindle servo compared to the stock motor and the Z axis stepper.

Thanks for looking! I am happy to answer any questions anyone has as well as suggestions or constructive criticisms to help me improve the machine.