Hello all. This post is about my experience purchasing a new Chinese CNC router from Blue Elephant CNC. I couldn't find too much about them when I was shopping around so maybe this post will help someone else out in their decision.

The experience was excellent and I am very happy. They gave me such good service every step of the way. I purchased a 1530 (5' x 10') manual tool change machine. They accommodated all of my requests for upgrades like large HSD spindle, T-slot table, Yaskawa servos and drivers, RichAuto DSP control system, automatic lube, etc... They also mounted the control box in the frame for me so I don't have to have the bulky external control box. They also gave me written quotes showing the price differences for options. I even got to pick my own colours!

They arranged all of the shipping to my closest port (Toronto) and I shipped it myself from port to my shop. Next time I would probably just let them arrange the shipping all the way to my door. The only hiccup I had was that the idiots at the Toronto terminal destroyed the crate and damaged the control box doors. Blue Elephant was great helping out with that. They had purchased insurance and I was well compensated for the damage. (The machine was still fine. It was just the doors that were bent.) Then Blue elephant sent me replacement doors at no cost, but I did pay the shipping.

The machine itself is awesome! It is built like a tank with excellent quality everywhere. All of the components are the exact same as the more expensive domestic machines. Servos, drivers, VFD, bearings, ballscrews, rack and pinion gears, etc..., but the cost was literally 1/3 of the price. When they were still quoting the machine I questioned them about the quality of the components that would be used. They sent me photos to verify that the electronic components, cables and things like that were all UL/CE listed certified components. This is important if you are using the machine in North America in a commercial setting (which I am). Once the specs were finalized and I gave them a 30% deposit, they built the machine very quickly (about 3 weeks). The longest part was the shipping (about 7 weeks).

Startup was no problem. Just hooked up the power, turned it on, and started cutting I tweaked some of the settings to my preference like rapid speed etc... but essentially the machine was plug and play. I've had the machine operational now for about 2 months cutting nonstop for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and haven't had any problems at all.

One piece of advice I have is to check all of your lube lines and be sure that EACH of your bearings are getting the right amount of oil. On my machine the throttles were out of adjustment so the bearings for the long axis were getting all of the oil and nothing was making it to the gantry bearings or the Z axis. Even the best brand new machine in the universe will be quickly destroyed without proper lubrication.

My sales contact there still stays in touch with me to make sure everything is good and I'm still happy. When I had technical questions I got the answers I needed from their engineering team. It usually takes a day or 2, but I get the answers. Patience is required. Because of the time difference every communication back and forth takes a day. But if you are patient you will save ALOT of money and be happy.

So overall rating for Blue Elephant: A++, 5 stars, 10/10. Definitely would recommend with zero worries.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8464[1].jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	489707